Sinking the Schooner Pt 2

Giselle POV

Poor Riley. That evil whore had to be his sister. I hate the idea since it means his own sister desires him and she's responsible for the death of our child.

Gross.

Honestly, this is worse than any episode of Jerry Springer or Maury Povich. The harder part of this...we have no idea how to proceed with this. Riley stormed into the gym and began beating a punching bag for a few hours. I sat in Benny's room coloring with him since I have no clue about what we do next and I just needed quiet time with my baby.

I need to find out what happened to Riley's father...and I need to do it without Riley knowing what I'm up to. It might be key to what

I picked up the phone and called the PI and offered him $2,000 more for any info on Brant Thornton. He agreed to do the job.

=======================================================================

Two days later the PI called me. He gave me an address for Anaheim and told me that Brant was living there. I wasn't gonna go to a strange man's house alone so I had Ian tag along with me. Benny and Riley were both at a planetarium. Riley hates his father and I suspect with the recent news...He just might tear the man a new asshole. So he had to stay away.

"What's the plan?" Ian asked me.

I shrugged. "We get the information and we come home."

Ian looked at me curiously "Who are we going to meet?"

"Riley's father." I responded.

Ian pulled the car over and looked at me furiously. "Are you out of your mind?" He screamed at me.

I looked at him and tried not to reveal my shock that this soft-spoken young man had raised his voice.

"Giselle...this is wrong. Riley hates his father and when he finds out you went behind his back, he'll never forgive you. He won't divorce you, but he won't trust you ever again. You can't do this to him or Benny. Why are you risking your marriage for this?"

I sighed. Ian's right...but I need to do this. I texted the address to Riley and told him to leave Benny with David or Will. He responded back that he was on the way. I looked at Ian. "Let's get moving."

With that we drove off towards Anaheim in silence both worrying about how Riley was going to react to this.

==============================================================

"THIS IS INSANE! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!" Riley screamed at me with Ian holding him back. I tried not to show any fear while Riley yelled but his terrifying posture and his anger were too much to not be scared of. I trembled as the 6'3 behemoth yelled at me. "YOU'RE MY WIFE! YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE ON MY SIDE! NOW YOU GO ROUND TO THIS ASSHOLE'S HOUSE!"

I felt tears running down my eyes. I turned away from Riley. I was too scared to look him in the eyes. I felt a large hand take mine. I looked at Riley who looked guilty and ashamed. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that."

I hugged him and to my relief he hugged back. "He has answers we need. Answers you need. This was going to be painful for you and I didn't want you to get hurt so I went behind your back to see him but you would never have forgiven me...so we should face him together."I whispered.

Riley looked at me and kissed my forehead. "Let's go see dad." He turned to Ian and handed him some cash. "Here's $50. It's for the gas and snacks. Head on home bro."

I gave Ian a hug. "Thanks for coming with me."

He nodded and walked to his car while we drove off to meet Brant Thornton.