Off to Denver

Giselle POV

After partying with the band and his mother, Riley and I went back to our hotel room . We would've had sex but I think we were too drunk to function properly. I saw two of him and hoped for a three-way with my hot husband and his clone. Next thing I know I wake up to the sound of Riley puking in the toilet.

What a nice way to wake up!

I look at my reflection and clothes in the mirror and see that while they are still on me, they are pulled around since we tried to have sex last night...not sure if we are now with Riley barfing his guts out.  The bathroom door swings open and Riley staggers out looking like hell.  These guys sure know how to party.

"Mornin'" he mumbles.

I kiss his cheek and guide him back to bed. He instantly falls asleep. I call room service and request some naproxen (Aleve) be sent up. In 15 minutes it arrives and I take two tablets for myself and save two for him. I shower and get dressed and go to get some breakfast.

I need to tell Riley today is my last day in Vegas. I need to return home so I can begin packing and getting ready to move with him to San Diego.  I sit down to enjoy my breakfast when I feel a heavy thud in front of me. Hungover and grumpy , my husband sits down in front of me and grimaces at my food. The smell must be affecting him. 

I on the other hand have recovered and feel fine. I begin with the eggs. Riley is watching me eat but he's so hungover he looks miserable. Like any food will make him hurl. I offer him a fruit cup and he accepts it gratefully. He eats the fruit slowly so as not to make himself sick again.

"I want you naked." He mumbles.

I roll my eyes at this. Men all have sex on the brain.

"No.When you stop throwing up all the time we will see but until then...the clothes stay on."

He tried to pout but I'm sticking to the plan. I smiled at him to show he wasn't affecting me.

"Riley, I need to talk to you about something and now is as good a time as any." I pause to take a breath. "I'm going back to Denver tonight. I need to clear up my lease and pack my things to get ready to move in with you. I also need to tender my resignation at the library."

Riley looked at me. "I'm coming with you. As soon as I can stand up properly."

I burst out laughing. "For an experienced party animal...you can't hold your liquor."

Riley scowled at me. "Why do you think I get in so much trouble? It's something I was hoping you could help me control. Which leads me to my next question...How are you so recovered?"

I smile at him. "I ate some fiber supplements last night and this morning. Fiber binds alcohol  and makes it easier to pass through the system." (True fact by the way).

"And you didn't share it with me? Still  doesn't explain why you aren't affected."

I let out a sigh. "For a few years after my mom passed...I drank a lot to try and cope with the pain. I guess I built up a tolerance for it. I'm ashamed that I let myself fall apart for that time."

Riley took my hand in his and held it. "You should never apologize for feeling like you do. If you fell apart like that, it means she meant a lot to you."

I smiled at him. He's such a sweetheart underneath the muscle and the tattoos. Riley smiled back at me"I should let the boys know I'm going with you to Denver. I'll tell my mom also."

I nodded. "Okay. Now you should get some food in you."

He rolls his eyes "Your the boss."

I watched him lumber off to the buffet while I went back to my breakfast.