Prologue

We walked off the stage in Staples Center. I looked at my band mates with a huge grin on my face. Another great show where we just killed it. I suppose now is as good a time as any for an introduction. My name is Riley Thornton and I am the lead singer for the band Crazy 88's. We are one of the most infamous hard rock groups in the world having sold millions of records worldwide, with Grammy's, Platinum Albums, and other awards. We have four albums with  fifth one in the works and a fan base that gets bigger and bigger every year. After myself there is David Hardy the guitarist and leader of the band, Ian Chen who plays the bass and finally there is William(Willy) Barraso who does the drums. We live every guys dream life. Girls all want us, guys wanna be us , and there is no sign of them stopping.

Some days though...I realize I want more. Instead of an apartment where I wake up next to a different girl every morning before tossing her ass out I want a wife who smiles at me when we wake up and who loves me for whatever flaws and shortcomings I have. Instead of getting fucked up in a club I want to be at home with a nice dinner with the before mentioned wife and a couple of cute kids. Yeah I said it. I want kids. I always dreamed of having a little boy or girl rushing over to me when I come home to demand my attention and to play with before we settle down for dinner and they all tell me about their day. I know it seems corny and cliche but I can't help myself. My mom once told me there's not much to enjoying life when you have no one to share it with.

Sadly finding someone to be a wife is harder then I thought especially with my reputation and fame. I never know if someone wants me for me or if she's interested in me for my money. Like I said before I want someone who loves Riley Thornton the man not Riley Thornton the rock star. Besides, groupies don't give a shit about anyone but themselves in the end.

I guess the feeling of never finding anyone that would truly love me began to build up in me since my performance wasn't at its best due to my misery, so our band manager called us together and told us we were going to go to Las Vegas to rest and recuperate. Maybe this is what I need. Just a small vacation without stress to get my mind off things.

We settled into a hotel and went to a club to party. It was insane! The girls were beyond hot, the music was crazy, and the drinks were pouring down all over the place. I had just taken a shot of vodka when I glanced over and saw a gorgeous brunette sipping what looked like coke. I wasn't quite drunk yet but getting there. I made my way over to the girl and she saw me coming. She instantly broke eye-contact and looked away. She's playing hard to get. This could be fun. I walked up to her and said my favorite line." My two favorite things are commitment and changing myself." Its a shit pick up line but it's so bad that it has most girls laughing. She wasn't quite laughing but she had an amused grin on her face. "Does that line seriously work?"

"No but it helps break the ice. Can I get you a drink." I asked.

She smiled but shook her head."I don't drink alcohol and especially when a hot guy with muscles offers it. No offense but you seem like your trouble."

I was pleasantly surprised. She seemed immune to my charms. I gotta work for this. Challenge accepted."So since you don't want a drink, you wanna do something else?"I wiggled my eyebrows seductively. I ain't subtle about shit like this.

She wasn't smiling anymore. She shook her head and said "I don't know you and you don't know me. Don't talk to me like I'm one of the usual whores you try to pick up. Go to one of them if you need to get fucked."

What the Fuck!? No girl on earth has ever flat out refused me. I even turned a lesbian once and this girl is just not getting the hint that I want her. I should talk to one of the skanks that are eyeing me up but her refusal and stubborness make me want her more.

Let's try something else. " Can we start over? My name is Riley Thornton." I held out my hand to her. She shook my hand and said"Good to meet you Riley."

I was still stunned by this. Normally when I drop my name a girl's panties get soaked but she had no reaction to it at all. "You got a name beautiful?" I asked trying to lay down some charm.

She smirked" You haven't earned the right to know it. Your manners' sudden appearance don't change your adgenda. You just wanna fuck me and move on. I'm sorry but that's not the kind of girl I am. I don't do one night stands."

Ok. Now I'm really happy even though she shot me down repeatedly. A gorgeous girl with self-respect, who challenges me and doesn't give a damn about my life or status. Your not a one night stand sweetheart. I'm the guy whose gonna marry you and have a football team sized family with you.

Then reality hits me. I botched my chances with this girl. I walked over to her and talked to her like  she was just some skank I could fuck in the bathroom. She's better then that and I gotta show her. "You wanna get dinner?"

Now she looks surprised, "What?" she asks.

"Dinner. Right now." I repeat.

She looks hesitant but nods her head and gives me this shy smile. I take her to one of the Vegas Strip's hotels and we sit down and get to know each other. She finally gives me her name. Her name is Giselle and she works as a librarian in Denver and she was just on vacation in Vegas since her friend had just gotten married. At this I noticed that she was beginning to drink more wine.

"You act like thats a bad thing. I thought you would be happy that your friend got married."

She sighs."The guy she married is one that I had a crush on for so long. I asked him out and he just wanted to have sex after the first date. I told him we could if we were married. He thought I wasn't worth the wait."

"Why are you waiting for marriage? Sex is great and you look like you would be pretty good at it."

She shook her head."I promised my mother I would be married first. She died of stomach cancer 5 years ago and I gave that promise in the hopes that she would make it. She died but I'm glad I promised her that. "

"I'll marry you"I blurt out.

She looks at me stunned. "I can't marry you...your playing with my feelings! I'm not some toy that you play with and throw aside when your bored!"

"How do you know it'll be like that? I'm not the best person out there but I'd treat you right. And as for the boredom...honey you got me on my toes all night long.You are anything but boring."

The attraction I felt for her along with my desires for a family began bubbling to the surface.She was plenty uninhibited by the wine she drank and I could see the alcohol was making her brain switch gears.

"OK! Let's get married!" she squealed in excitement.

I got my wife...now I gotta keep her.

A/N: Just wanted to lay the ground work out for this story. The cast is the same from my other book. I'm to lazy to think of other celebs so I just recycled them.