Telling the World

Riley Pov

I can't believe it! She's falling for me! If beating the crap out of that prick got me that result I should have done it when I first met him. I can't make any mistakes. So far things are now going my way. If I keep this up...hopefully she'll be fully in love with me. When she does I won't let her go. Ever. I'll spend all my life making her feel safe, protected, special, beautiful,and loved. I'm getting ahead of myself. I gotta take this slow.

I look at her. She's beyond beautiful. She's wearing one of the lingerie I bought her. This one's my favorite by far. My favorite color on my wife. I nuzzle her neck and inhale her scent.

I don't have words for this. I'm so happy.

I know it's too soon for this but I need to tell everyone that this has happened. I want to tell everyone I'm taken and shouldn't be pursued any more.

"Ellie?" I whispered.

"Yeah?" She asked looking into my eyes.

"I want to tell my mom and everyone else about you. I want everyone to know that I belong to you. But I will only do it if you tell me its okay with you. What do you say? I asked her.

She looked hesitant but nodded. I took out my phone and called my mom.

"Hi Sweetheart!" my mom gushed happily. I smiled when I heard her voice. My dad walked out on us when I was 6 years old. We never heard or saw him again. My mom held it together for the both of us and was without a doubt one of the strongest women on earth.

"Hey Ma, How are things?"

"Oh well, my handsome boy called me after a new girl graces his bed. It makes me wonder when he's gonna settle down? Hint, Hint."

"Well Ma I wanted you to hear it from me. I did settle down. I married a beautiful, short, shy, cute, librarian named Giselle Williams."

It was quiet for a minute then I heard the sound of laughter. My mom was laughing so hard I could imagine the tears of mirth going down her eyes. "Oh Honey, that's a good one. Next you'll tell me she's gonna be president."

"Mom its no joke we got married in a chapel in Vegas and we've been married for 2 days. I'm gonna come home to introduce you to her."

Silence again. "Riley Rutherford Thornton. Do you mean you got married to a total stranger. A woman who you know nothing about? Are you playing some sick game with her? What are you doing? You know what. Don't answer. I'll be in Vegas tonight and I'll see you in the morning." she hung up.

I turned to Giselle. "Mom is coming over to meet you."

She paled when I told her that. I smiled at her. One last thing to do. I pulled her in and kissed her cheek. With my free hand I took a picture with my phone and set up as my background first. Then I tweeted it along with the message

@rileyrthornton is now off the market forever. Meet my wife.