Hate and Hope

A/N: Chapter may have trigger phrases and words. This is a heavy chapter since the content is loaded with hateful messages and cyberbullying. Please read with caution. After this chapter I'm on vacation for 9 days and when I come back I will begin working on the next chapter for corrupted, hubris, then adamant.

Giselle POV

I went back to our new apartment after seeing Riley get back to work. I'm so relieved that he was convinced to stay and that Steve had been forced to leave. I have dealt with drama since I married Riley. But I can't find it in my heart to say I regret it. We found each other and we're working together to start our life. I get on to twitter to look at any posts and I see if anyone has done anything lately.

I open my account and I gasp. Some of the cruelest and angriest people bombarded my account with angry and hateful tweets

SLUT!

WHORE!

WHY DID HE MARRY YOU? YOUR FUKING FAT!

RILEY DESERVES BETTER THAN YOU!

YOU ARN'T MARRIED! HE JUST FUCKS YOU FOR FUN OR CUZ HE FEELS SORRY FOR YOU!

BITCH! YOUR GONNA DIE!

YOU DON'T LOVE HIM! YOU JUST WANT HIS MONEY AND FAME! YOUR A GOLD -DIGGING WHORE!

YOU SHOULD FUCKING KILL YOURSELF!

RILEY LEFT TAMMY JACKSON FOR YOU! I HOPE YOUR PROUD OF YOURSELF!

What did I do to deserve this? I never hurt anybody! I'm not cruel or vindictive. Why do all these people hate me? Is this the price I have to pay for being with him? I can't help but love him. He's not perfect but he's the one for me. Isn't he? I know that if I want a happy ending I need to be strong...but how can I be when people just keep hammering away at what little self-esteem I have.

I throw my phone on to the couch and sit down and I turn on the TV. It went from bad to worse. I turned on MTV and this reporter Andrea Schooner was discussing our marriage in front of the world.

"So the Crazy 88 heartthrob Riley Thornton is now off the market. Apparently, the rockstar got married 12 days ago to a librarian of all things.She is Giselle Williams of Denver. Why he married her is beyond me. Seriously...have you guys seen her? He could do so much better. I mean really! His abs are so hot he could melt the polar icecaps! What's a man like him doing with a lame-ass book jockey!
Giselle honey, just some advice...you better leave him now before shit really hits the fan! We know you just married him for fame and fortune! Let him be with someone who it makes sense to be with him. Gals like me! Not you!"

I turned the television off. What am I supposed to do? The whole world is against us being together...but I love Riley and I know he loves me but how are we supposed to make it with everyone trying to tear our life apart.

I can't leave him but no one wants me to stay...I'm so lost and scared right now.

In all my life up till this moment, I've never felt more alone.

===========================================

Riley POV

Will,David, and I sat in the cafeteria eating some sandwiches. I was thinking about my beautiful wife and wondering what sort of flowers I should send her. Roses? Tulips? Chrysanthemums?

I was interrupted when Ian gently tapped my shoulder. "Riley, may I speak with you in private?" I looked at him confused...when Ian did that he was usually worried about something. I excused myself and went off with Ian. "You should see these."