Lunch with Mom

Giselle POV

I've never gotten to the point in a relationship where I have to meet the parents. When Riley told me his mother was coming, I tried too keep the fear out of my mind. Is she going to like me? Will she think I'm a slut or a gold-digger? What is she like? The questions cascaded all around my brain. We went to the hotel his mother was staying at. I saw a brisk woman walk over to us with a huge grin on her face. Her smile reminded me of Riley's and it clicked.

This is her.

Cassandra Thornton.

I shyly hid behind Riley as he and his mother embraced each other. I smiled at the way her eyes shone with love and adoration for her son. It reminded me of my own mother and it made me wish she was here for me. Suddenly Cassandra's sharp eyes found me and they widened in realization. "She's Beautiful!" I heard his mother say. Mustering my courage, I hold out my hand "Nice to meet you Mrs. Thornton, I'm Giselle Williams."

"Oh dear, Please call me Cassandra. I'm so happy to meet you!" she gushed happily.

I looked at Riley who was looking at me with love and affection. He said "Well, I'm starving. Let's go eat!"

Cassandra looked at him and smiled "Oh, No, no, no honey! I'm sorry but I want a chance to get to know my new daughter. So it's the two of us for now. We can all do dinner tonight. But I want to talk to Giselle in private."

Riley instantly had a look of concern on his face and he looked at me. I was scared too. I didn't know how to be in-front of parents! I tried not to let the fear take me over. I have to be brave. I walked over to Riley and kissed his cheek. "I'll be fine. " I whispered. Riley looked worried but nodded and whispered back"The minute you feel like your in trouble...Call me and I'll get you out of here. I won't be too far away." He kissed my forehead and walked away looking backwards at me every so often.

I looked at Cassandra who ushered me to a Mexican restaurant. I was terrified and tried no to show it but I stumbled every so often. The hostess seated us and I shyly averted her gaze. I felt a hand take mine. I looked and saw Cassandra look at me with a smile. "Don't worry, it's just lunch between us girls." I nodded hesitantly and picked out a beef chimichanga. Cassandra ordered three bean and cheese enchiladas with salsa. We ate and talked about ourselves. She told me some cute stories about Riley as a little boy. I told her about myself and the agreement Riley and I came to about our marriage. At this, Cassandra threw back her head and laughed. "Dear, he doesn't mean it. Riley is going to hold onto you forever if he can. I saw the way he looks at you. I thought he was moving a bit to fast also but he actually loves you."

"What do you mean he doesn't mean it?" I asked her.

"At the end of the year, Riley will go back on his word. He won't let you go." She said.

I don't know why but the fact that Riley had no desire to uphold our agreement actually made me happy. The fact that he wasn't going to give up on us, that he will still want me, that he wants a future and a family with me made me smile.

"That's the first time I've ever seen a woman happy about a broken promise!" Cassandra laughed out loud.

I looked at my food with a smile but still felt some apprehension. What if Cassandra was wrong and Riley got bored with me before the year was out. What if someone more beautiful and more accustomed to his life comes his way...I was interrupted by Cassandra.

"I know my son. He wants you and only you. The women he's been with are faker than Tammy Jackson's breasts. You are something that is real to him. Someone who took a chance on him. He will only leave you when you tell him, you don't want him anymore. Aside from that he won't go anywhere. Therefore, he can't hurt you. You can hurt him."

I shook my head "I don't want to hurt him. He's been wonderful to me. We've only been together for 3 days and he's spent all of them trying to make me happy and I...I think I'm falling in love with him. It's so fast but I can't help it. He's everything I've ever wanted. He's strong, kind, loving, handsome, and good. But I can't shake this fear that he'll leave when he sees my life is nothing like his, when he sees somebody more desirable than me. " I said sadly.

Cassandra smiled at me. "You won't know how to truly love someone unless you surrender to it completely. Have faith in him that he truly loves you. And that you will come to love him...Unless you already do love him and just need to tell him that."

I smiled at her. "I wish you and Riley could've met my mother. She'd get along great with you and she would have adored him. She always said I would get a great guy if I stayed true to myself...I wish she could be here."

Cassandra smiled at me. "I wish I could meet her. Tell her how proud she should be of her daughter and how I'm happy her daughter is taking care of my son."

We had a happy moment of silence between us before Cass giggled "Now that that's out of the way...when are you and Riley going to give me a grandchild? Or grandchildren?"

I felt my cheeks flare at this.

================================================

After a nice lunch I went back to the hotel room Riley and I were supposed to be staying at. I went to the room and found him on the bed watching Discovery Channel. He saw me and jumped out of bed and straight towards me. He wrapped me in his arms and pulled me close.

"Are you okay? She didn't say anything mean to you did she? You aren't gonna leave me are you?" He asked in rapid fire succession. I couldn't help but giggle at him. To calm him down I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him. That got him quiet enough for me to talk. "You're so silly. We just ate Mexican food and talked and got to know each other. Relax." I smiled at him.

I then asked him the question. "After this year...you were never gonna let me go were you? You were gonna break our agreement and keep me all to yourself?

He looked hesitant but he nodded his head. I smiled and gave him a soft and quick peck on the nose. "I'm glad to hear it."

He looked stunned by my lack of anger towards him. I smiled and put my head on his chest. My ears picked up his heartbeat and his breathing increase. I love how I was able to affect him since he had an similar effect on me as well.

I don't want this to end. I want to be with him. Now and forever.

"Riley...I love you."

==========================

My apologies to all you diabetics out there.