Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Three

Magsimula sa umpisa

                “Stop that,” I pointed a finger at him and shook it. He put his hands up in defence, a small smile playing at the corner of his perfect lips, lips that I- “What were you saying?” I asked while interrupting my own thoughts.

                “That we should start over,” He took a small step towards me and outstretched his hand. “Hi, my name’s Parker.”

                I stared at him like he was crazy before sighing in defeat. I took a hold of his hand and shook it carefully, avoiding eye contact. I was a little afraid of what I would do if I looked up at him. “I’m Grace.” I said, feeling slightly silly as I said it.

                “Great. Let’s hang out at your house on Saturday, Grace.” He let go of my hand and backed up, towards the door. I finally looked up at him; he was smiling genuinely at me, eyes sparkling with mischief.

                “Fine. See you then.” I let out a small smile and he grinned victoriously.

                “Bye Grace.” He opened the door and let himself out, walking out of the darkness on the classroom.

                Disbelieving, that’s the only emotion that flitted across my brain at the moment. Had that really just happened? Had I really just kissed Parker, twice in one day, and invited him to my house on Saturday?

                I really am stupid.

                While walking out of the science room, I was numb, over-thinking, and being stupid. I ran straight into a few people, mumbling my sorry’s.

                I gave in and up too easily. I mean, really, he could just be pulling another prank on me... I can’t trust him.

                “Grace? You okay? You look a little out of it.” Harris’ voice echoed into my thoughts and I quickly looked up from the lunch table I was burning holes into with my eyes. How did I even end up here?

                “Uh, yeah, I guess... I’m just really tired.” I lied. He raised an unnatural perfectly shaped eyebrow at me. I never noticed that...he has perfect eyebrows. That’s a little weird. A finger snapped in front of my face and I jolted upwards.

                “Huh?” I asked him. He looked at me like I was crazy, which trust me, I believed right now. Like any normal person would, I let my eyes draw a line across the cafeteria, checking out the scenery.

                Those brown eyes, which I really didn’t want to see right now, collided with my own- stopping my train of thought and my movement all together. The only thing that entered my now empty mind was the thought of kissing him. How amazing and wonderful it felt. And all the way across the room, I knew he was thinking the same thing. We both stared into each other’s eyes for another moment and it felt like time had slowed down, as cheesy as it sounds. We both sat there for what felt like hours, but was only moments, before one of his goons shook his shoulder and he hesitantly released his hold on my eyes, turning away. I let out the breath I didn’t know I was holding and took another deep one before tuning into Harris.

                “...for Friday? I can pick you up around 9:30 and we can grab some food before we go?” He was saying. I quickly looked over at him.

                “What?” I asked, not particularly knowing what he was talking about. Something about Friday.

                “The party on Friday? You agreed to go with me... unless you want to go with someone else.” He nodded his head in the direction of where Parker was sitting and I felt my cheeks heat up.