Chapter 36

"I'm not going to ask," Harrison said quietly in the corner. In his room was a bed a bit larger than twin size and a simple desk to accompany a small closet and bathroom. It was a nice room that reminded me of a hotel room with the simple design and scarce decoration.

"I figured you had already been given the details, Harry," I said curtly. I drew my knees up to my chest on his bed. I had taken the time off I had to visit my brother after a breakfast with Charlie, and he hadn't been informed of everything about my condition. However, he was patient and calm as I explained.

"It's not genetic, is it?" he asked with a furrowed brow. I picked up my pencil and began brainstorming some ideas on my project to better Illea. The words were written neatly on the page, but were bordered with loopy designs and doodles.

"I don't believe so," I said absently. My mind was in two different places. While I jotted down ideas, I was engaged in conversation with Harrison about my heart attack. "It was pretty small. I still want you to be tested, however. We're all we have left in this family, and I'm not going to let you leave me, too."

"At least you have Aaron," he muttered. He looked out the window with his eyes cast to look between the blinds. My eyes left the page I was scribbling on and looked at him.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked. He wasn't being rude, but I think he was just commenting his thoughts. I hope. I sat my pencil down on the table beside the bed on which I sat.

"I mean that I'm not the only one you have. You have Aaron. You have Marlee, Kiara, Danielle, Landon, Nathan, Charlie, and practically all of Illea on your side. Who do I have? My twin sister, my other half, is dead, Elisa. How am I supposed to feel?"

"I don't know anything for a fact. For all I know, I could be sent home today. We could go. I don't know what's going to happen, Harry. Nothing is definite," I countered.

"Oh, come on! Everyone knew it was you from the minute we came back in the summer, when we were rescued. They knew it was you when you were brought back, regardless of all of the odds you've faced. You're such an attention hog, and you don't even realize it! Don't you realize that Leila's sister died, too? Nobody cared! It's all about you!"

I felt like I had been shot. This was worse than all of it. The fact that I didn't even know about Leila really set me off. Had I really been that insensitive, that clueless? Was I always self-centered like that? There was a pain in my chest as I rose from my bed.

"I need to take my medicine," I said to excuse myself. I got my papers and promptly left the room with my things clutched tightly to my chest and my head lowered so that my eyes scanned the ground.

The door was open, and Harrison swung his head out behind the wooden frame of the door. "You can't avoid the truth, Elisa. All your problems are adding up. Fix it before it's too late," he warned.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I went up to my room. I opened the capsule and downed two painkillers without water, but I was too distracted the notice the pain in my throat. I curled up in my bed after taking off my shoes. My body was wrinkled up in a fetal position as I tried to sleep off the pain in my chest, unsure if it was from a confrontation or a heart attack. Either way, I was miserable and going to lie in my bed.

A few hours later I woke up to my maids reorganizing my closet quietly. I take frequent naps, and they're always very careful to be quiet while I'm asleep. They're always considerate, and I love them for it. I wish I could be more deserving instead of being so pitiful.

Zora was on the sofa donned in white scrubs. She had on black sneakers, however, which I found to be a little odd. I never had a pair of sneakers, so I guess I wouldn't know if they were comfortable or not. She was filling out a paper full of columns and charts while attaching stickers to prescription bottles.

I wiped my eyes under my lower lash line to attempt to remove all of the smudged makeup that I already knew was going to be there. I rose from my spot on my bed, sitting up straight with my feet on the ground. I sighed and closed my eyes at the mess that needed to be cleaned up. I definitely needed to be more sensitive to Leila, and draw less attention to myself.

"I'm going to the Women's Room," I informed my maids. They simply nodded their heads, along with Zora. I left the room in my dress that I had just napped in, and even you it was primarily tulle, I felt a need to straighten out the possibility of wrinkles.

I entered the Women's Room with my clipboard to see Kiara, Danielle, America, Marlee, and Opal. I seated myself down onto the nice sofa covered in a floral pattern. All of the girls looked rather nice today compared to me, but I assumed I was forgiven. It wasn't as if it were a rule to be dressed up all of the time.

Do the Queen and Princesses of Illea have days off?

I began to analyze my ideas. So far I only had victims of the Hampton burn, breast cancer, and human trafficking. The burn had a soft spot on my heart, but so did breast cancer. I'd already helped one breast cancer patient, and I could help so many more if I had the resources and campaign. On the other hand, I could help restore Hampton to what it once was. How is was when I grew up in it.

Of course, nothing I could do would entirely eliminate either problem.

I sighed to myself and settled on victims of the Hampton burn. I would set up a slideshow with pictures of cities, parks, and my own home. Then, to raise awareness, I would wear white peonies. With my money and donations, I would build shelters for the victims left homeless and places for people to work.

I began to calculate all of the money I would need. I would donate a large portion of my funds, yes, but there would also be donations, and I'd like to have a goal of a total of two billion dollars. Of course, everything has to start small. This is only hypothetical as to if Aaron chooses me, which I truly didn't know if my relationship with him was solid.

Nothing was at this point.

-

-

-

Okay sorry for such long update gaps. I'm trying to find my passion for writing again, and in order to do that I think I need to get out other story ideas I have. I just published another work of mine, and it's poetry so please bare with me. I'm only going to do two at a time for now to keep my interest, so it shouldn't distract from everything too badly.

With that being said, PLEASE go check out my new story!!!!!!

Also, check out Once Upon a Time by Shadowed_Rain !!!!!