Chapter 12

*THERE IS DRINKING IN THIS CHAPTER. YOUVE BEEN WARNED*

We danced for what seemed like ages until my feet got tired. I sat on the steps with Landon and Charlie while Wendy continued to sing. She was with the band, so she had been singing the whole night.

"How do you know Wendy?" Charlie asked.

"I bumped into her today. What about you guys?" I said, returning a question.

"She's our cousin. She's the one who got us a job at the palace," Landon answered.

The next song ended, and Wendy came running to us on the steps. "Landon, can you play or something? I want to dance," she complained.

"Only of Lia sings with me," he challenged.

"Yeah, Lia, go sing," Charlie encouraged.

"This is the second time I've succumbed to peer pressure," I sighed before getting up and setting my drink down. "Do not drink this, Charlie. I'm serious. I'm coming back for it."

He threw his hands up in mock surrender, and Landon and I rushed up to the instruments. The song I already wanted to sing was printed out up there, along with Celtic, Irish, pre, and post WW||| music. I fished out the violin part and guitar, and took my seat at the cheap keyboard set up.

Landon began strumming the first few chords, and I released a shaky breath. He nodded at me and I began singing. I didn't play the piano at the beginning, but instead just sang. I sang a song I knew I could do, and it was mainly because of Nathan and Aaron.

Both of our relationships could apply here. Nathan left me, but at least he said goodbye, and he had a reason I supported. Aaron left me as well, and he couldn't say goodbye. He did bring out the best parts of me I didn't know we're there, but it really was too good to be true. If he loved me like he said he did, then why did he leave and not fight for me? That was all I ever wanted, and now he didn't even recognize me.

I pressed the plastic keys quickly during the piano solo, concentrating solely on the keys. My throat felt ready to burst after hitting the highest note in the song. I was struggling to keep a straight face during the part without all of the instruments, but luckily, that was the last part of the song.

Wendy came back up to the pavilion with a drink in her hand. "Thanks for that, guys. I really needed a drink," she joked.

"No problem," Landon beamed with his boyish smile. "I think they enjoyed it. It being Lia, that is."

"I think you've had too much ale," I retorted. "And I haven't had enough. If you'll excuse me," I said mischievously. I got my drink off of the steps and headed towards the dancing area.

Landon eventually caught up to me in a few dances, and after a few songs, he needed to take Charlie to his room. I didn't mind because I enjoyed dancing to all of the diverse music. Oddly enough, I found myself enjoying the Irish, Gaelic, and Celtic jigs the most.

Many dance partners later, I was dizzy from all of the spinning and decided to eat a bit. They had a few snacks of standby, and I definitely needed them to absorb the drinks I had downed.

I decided it was time to go back inside when people started to get blurry. I stumbled my way back in the palace, or tried to, at least. When I didn't think I could to any further, I sat on the front steps of the palace. I needed a break.

"Do you need help?" somebody asked. I wasn't sure if I knew who they were, but that might have something to do with the fact that I couldn't see their face.

"I can't walk. Everything keeps moving, and then, I get dizzy, and then, I keep falling against the walls. I needed to sit down, but I think I'll be ok," I said with confidence.

"Alright, Lia, it sounds to me that your a little drunk," the mysterious guy suggested.

"Who's Lia?" I slurred. Who was Lia? That wasn't even my name. Now that I thought about it, what was my name? I was pretty sure it wasn't Lia, though.

"Definitely drunk," he clarified.

"I only had this many cups," I contradicted, holding up one finger. "I just filled up the cup a lot," I snickered.

"Come on," he sighed, putting my arm over his shoulder, so that I could lean on him.

"You're too tall," I complained.

"You're too drunk," he huffed.

"You said that, like, a bajillion times," I said laughing.

"Where's your room?" He asked.

"I'm not telling you," I scoffed. Then, I leaned down into his ear. "It's a secret," I whispered loudly.

"Just tell me where your room is," he sighed, exasperated.

"I don't even know your name, mysterious stalker!"

"Lia, just tell me where your room is."

"Help! He's trying to take me to my room!" I yelled loudly. Guards laughed and stared as I stumbled past. "Do your job and help an Illèan citizen!"

"They're not going to help you," he laughed. It was a good laugh.

"Why not? They're not very good guards."

"They won't help you because I'm the Prince," he explained.

"How many drinks have you had?" I asked accusingly.

"None. Now where's your room?"

"Help!" I screamed in one last futile attempt.

Suddenly, a man came jogging up to us from down the hallway. "Is there a problem?" He asked.

"Save me!" I said dramatically. "He said he's the prince but he's trying to kidnap me!" I accused, flinging a finger at him.

"He is the Prince, Lia," my savior said with a roll of his eyes.

"It's a conspiracy," I whispered. I looked closer at my savior, and it was Landon! "Landon! Help me please," I begged. "You're my best friend," I said as I stumbled toward him.

"I'll take her to her room," Landon offered.

"That sounds like a good idea," he sighed. Landon picked me up to carry me.

"Come on, Lia," he said, growing me over his shoulder.

"That's not even my name," I cried. I could see the 'Prince' laughing at a distance. "You're gonna be arrested! I'm gonna make sure of it!"

"Good God, Lia!" Landon exclaimed. "How much did you drink?"

"Only a little," I giggled. He put me down on a soft surface, and I felt right at home.

"Goodnight, Lia," Landon said before leaving.

"Wait!" I exclaimed. "Come here. I have to tell you a secret."

"What is it?" He came closer to me. I made him lean down so I could whisper it in his ear.

"My names not Lia, it's Elisa," I corrected.

"I'll talk to you when you're sober, in the morning," he laughed. "Goodnight."

"Night!" I said happily before cuddling into the pillows for sleep.

-

-

-

-

Omg I'm sorry for that.

I've never drank anything, so I have no experience with drunkenness. Just so you know.

Come on, I can't even legally drive yet.