Chapter 28

I was dragging Harrison by the wrist to my agreed meeting spot with Aaron. He had no idea where he was going, being drug practically blindly around corners and through corridors. He was clad in large sweaters, jackets, and his pajamas underneath. I was also sporting a large white pea coat over my tank top, tight, long sleeved shirt, sweater, and my thin zip up jacket. My legs were covered with shorts, tights, two layers of leggings, and sweatpants tucked into my laced up boots that were knee high.

I was coming prepared.

"Elisa, where are we even going?" Harrison groaned. "My wrist is hurting." I loosened my grip, but it was still firm enough to pull Harrison a little harder than his walking speed.

"Sorry," I apologized sheepishly. "We don't have much further."

One last corner was turned, and I could see Aaron and Olivia standing by the door to the gardens. Olivia also had on a pea coat, but it was a pale pink color. She had leggings, boots, a scarf, and ear muffs covering her ears over her french braid. The young princess always looked great. I had no doubt that when she was older, that she would be a fashion icon of Illèa.

Aaron was a different story. Olivia was picking at him for his mismatched outfit, which consisted of a blue coat, orange shirt, yellow gloves, black sweatpants, dress shoes, and a plaid scarf of a different shade of orange and yellow. Now I saw why he wore a white dress shirt and dress pants all of the time- it's probably the only thing he could match with any colored coat he wore.

I love him anyway.

"Oh no," Harrison mumbled upon our arrival.

"We're here!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around Aaron's neck as I saw him. He lifted me off the ground while giving me a tight squeeze, which I will admit hurt my ribcage through my thick clothing. He sat me down on the ground, and I looked back at our siblings with a bright smile on my face.

"You!" Olivia screeched. She narrowed her eyes at Harrison and jabbed her finger at his chest. "What are you doing here?"

"I could say the same to you!" Harrison said at equal volume. His brow was furrowed and eyes were ablaze.

"I live here, dumbass!" she said sarcastically, placing a hand on her hip and moving her head furiously.

"Hey, language," Aaron scolded in the background. I was surprised at Olivia's violent outburst, especially since I hadn't begun swearing until a few months ago, in my late months of being seventeen.

This fiery blonde spitfire was only fifteen.

"I live here, too," Harry countered. He angled his head and clenched his fists by his side, nearing Olivia. She was shorter than I was, so Harrison towered over her. That didn't stop her from getting up in his face.

"Yeah, well, I lived here first!" she responded, clearly flustered. She was breathing heavily, as was Harrison.

"I was born first!" Harrison argued.

"And you broke my heart first!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Hey!" Aaron shouted above him, separating them with the palms of his hands between them. He glanced from Harry to Olivia and sighed sharply. "What happened to you two, huh?" he asked them both.

Olivia rolled her eyes and looked away, scoffing while crossing her arms. It was obvious that she wasn't going to say anything else. her pursed lips and flair made her seem older than she was.

"Nothing," Harrison huffed. He looked away from Aaron and me, turning his head to the side.

I looked to Aaron and lifted my eyebrows, as if questioning him. He widened his eyes and shrugged, so we just left it alone. I took his arm, and he opened the door to reveal the gardens covered in a beautiful blanket of snow.

"Let's go!" I beamed excitedly, rushing out with Aaron trailing behind me.

I felt my footsteps crunch against the fallen snow, leaving footprints as I raced through the gardens. Despite the situation, even Harrison and Olivia were smiling as they ran through the snow to catch up. I ducked behind a hedge, obscured by the white snow and the branches.

Aaron was walking around slowly, adjusting to his surroundings. This was probably one of the first times he had seen snow. I slyly reached towards the ground and rolled the snow into a sphere. As Aaron reached down to inspect the snow, I pelted his back with a snowball.

He jerked up, his eyes darting around. They zeroed in on me, and he smirked a bit. He started towards me, and I squealed before running around in the gardens. I kept glancing behind me to see Aaron chasing behind me. I hid behind another plant so that he couldn't see me and rested.

Arms circled around me, making me scream. Aaron had found me and threw me over his shoulder before dropping me on the plush snow. I propped myself up on the ground by my hands, glaring at him doubled over with laughter.

"How did you find me?" I asked, fighting the smile rising to my face. Snow seeped through my thick layers of clothing and saturated my skin, chilling me a bit. I didn't mind; cold doesn't usually bother me.

"Elly, you left footprints in the snow," he deadpanned. I looked to the ground, hiding the redness of my face. "Aw, do I still make you blush?" he gushed, offering me a hand to get up.

I took his hand, and rose off the ground about one foot before yanking him down to the ground with me. "Just a bit," I teased, throwing snow at his face.

"Glad to see I still have the effect," he smirked. He brushed stray hair out of my face, a few snow flurries falling out of their trap in my hair. Suddenly, the gap between us was closed, and his lips were pressed against mine.

His lips were soft, but cold from the time spent outside. Despite the lack of heat, I could feel every vein in my body igniting. His hand that cradled my neck made my hair stand up on end, sending shivers down my spine.

"Merry Christmas, Elly."

"Merry Christmas, love."

-

-

-

Cue lousy excuses here.

No, but seriously, my AP history teacher makes me want to shoot myself. Him as a whole and the class. I'm seriously not that smart and I'm doing awful in that class, and he's not very helpful, to me anyways.

Band eats up my time, too. And when I'm not in band, I'm at dance. Leftover time to study and do homework.

I don't like keeping updates from you. I'm not just some demonic writer that wants to make everyone suffer, I promise, but I'm having a lot of personal problems related to my first ever author's note.

I'm so stressed with how busy I am, school, and how uncomfortable I am in my own skin, I just start crying before I go to sleep. I hate how I do so much, but I'm not good at it. No matter how hard I study or take notes, I'm probably not going to ace the test. No matter how little I eat, I'm never going to be happy with the way I look.

I don't mean to be whiny because most people would kill for the life I have, but everyone has problems. Mine are just between me and myself.