Chapter 20: Play Hard

Start from the beginning

I fly around the first half of the field with no problems then I realize that everyone is doing the same thing. We are all just flying. I have to do something to stand out.

I tilt my broom down and fly under the group. I see Emily notice me and I know this is my chance. I do a corkscrew and do it perfectly. I look up and notice everyone else is just going straight. I tilt my broom forward and speed up. I have a fast broom so I why not use it. I move ahead of the group and keep my speed.

I look at Emily and she's smiling at me. I smile back and prepare to land on the ground. I slow down and get ready to stop when Draco shoots by me. He gets closer to the ground and I prepare to see him hit the ground. He pulls up at the last minute and lands smoothly. I land beside him and give him an unimpressed look. He smiles at me reassuring me he was fully in control.

"Very good everyone," Emily says "but now let's get to the important stuff," she says opening the Quaffle. "On your brooms," she says. "You half will be a team," she says pointing at the left side of the group. "And you will be a team," she says pointing at the other half. "Renauto" she says waving her wand at the left group. A red ribbon is wrapped around each of the left players left arm so they would be identified as a team.

We all get on our brooms and fly up. We all circle around Emily in the air and look down at her to wait for her to release the Bludger and Snitch.

"Ready?!" She yells looking at us. "Go!" She says as she releases the Bludger and Snitch and throwing up the Quaffle.

I know I need to get the Snitch if I'm going to get the position. Half the team goes for the Quaffle and The other half goes for the Bludger. I look over at Maddy, who's on my team, and we smile at each other. I see the Snitch flicker behind her and zoom towards it. I fly past her and try to follow the Snitch.

Maddy notices my find and follows close to me. I don't think about her, just on getting the Snitch. I follow it around the field and get hit in my right side by another player.

I look over to see Pansy pushing me and trying to grab the Snitch. I push my broom forward and speed up.  Pansy also pushes her broom forward but isn't as controlled as me. I notice her wobble and start to panic.

Pansy soon flips upside down and falls from her broom. I spin my broom around as fast as I can and dive down after her. She's falling quickly and even if I do catch her we'll both hit the ground. I reach out my hand to her as we both fall to the ground. I notice the ground getting very close and I get ready for impact. I feel Pansy grab my hand and I pull her up along with my broom. Pansy throws her arms around my neck and I pull up my broom as hard as I can. We start to slow down but I'm not fast enough. My feet hit the ground and I throw my broom down and make a running exit. Pansy let's go of me and tucks and rolls to safety. I run quickly and slow myself down. I feel my legs give out from under me and I collapse onto my right side and roll on the ground. I lay there and hold my right ribs.

I hear everything go silent and the sound of feet hitting the ground. I hear people running towards me and people talking in panic.

"Elena!" I hear someone yell.

"Elena!" I hear again.

"Elena, are you okay?" Olly asks rolling me over to meet his eyes. Maddy kneels beside him and grabs my hand.

"Yes, is she?" I ask looking at Pansy.

Pansy looks at me, her eyes full of relief and joy. Someone help Pansy up and she looks at me.

"Thank you" she whispers to me, before limping off the field.

"Elena!" Draco yells pushing through the crowd and dropping beside me.

"I'm okay," I say sitting up.

I stand up with help from Olly and Draco and look up to see Professor Snape storming towards us. He attends every Slytherin tryout to make sure people are fair but he's never had to intervene  

"Ms. Bell are you alright," Snape says sounding concerned.

"Yes," I say

"Ms.Bell,  You and Ms. Parkinson must go to see Madam Pomfrey" he says.

"Okay," I say

Draco and Olly help me walk off the field then Olly say he can take me to the hospital wing. Draco moves away from me and I put all my weight on Olly. I start to feel light headed and my knees go weak.

"Wow," Olly says wrapping his arms around me.

"Elena, stay awake," Draco says helping Olly hold me.

Olly scoops me up in one swift motion and carries me bridal style. I let my body go limp and I close my eyes. He walks me back inside the castle and I let myself relax as we walk down the corridor. We get to the hospital wing and Olly lays me on a bed.

Madam Pomfrey rushes over to me and thanks Olly for bringing me. Olly strokes my hair then leaves so I can rest.