She nodded , "He was really pissed."

I rolled my eyes , "I'm so sorry for the trouble."

"It's okay." She reassured me

I glanced around the place and felt a slight pinch of uncomfort .

"You won't get in trouble?" I asked worriedly .

"Nah , the boss isn't here . I just needed to talk to you." Her demeanor changed to slightly angry but sad .

"What's going on?"

"Remember you asked about my .. pregnancy?" She semi whispers

I hesitantly nodded .

"W-why you ask? Like how did you know?"

"I just noticed your features . I didn't mean to offend you-"

"No no it's fine. It's just that- I feel like you're the only person I can talk to." She said sort of sympathetically .

"I'm listening."

Just before she could say anything , Bracen begin to cry . I picked him up from his car seat and started to rock him . I leaned over and took a prepared bottle from his bag .

"Oh I'm so sorry . I haven't put in your order . What would you like to eat?" She asked as she got her notepad and pencil .

"Uh . That's okay . I'm not really hungry." I said as I fed Bracen . I just lost my appetite .

"You sure?"

"Yes , I'm sure." I smiled .

"Is it okay if we can talk sometimes?"

"Sure that's fine."

We exchanged numbers when her boss walked through the door.

"Oh shit." She mumbles "I'll talk to you later and your drink is on me."

Before I could protest , she stood and scurried away from the table .

I sighed as I rubbed Bracen's curly black hair . His eyes were wide open staring back at mines . Tears fought to come out but I sucked it up .

"Are you my ex fiancé's child?" I whispered into his ear . I patiently waited for nothing at all . It's not like he could respond . I wish he could but I'm not going to take my anger out on him because he's innocent . Plus I could be over exaggerating about the whole thing .

Could this really be happening right now ?

--

I sat on my bed with Bracen laying on my chest and watching Martin .

I laughed at Sheneneh .

Suddenly a harsh beating came to my door. It was so loud that Bracen begun to whimper in his sleep .

"What the fuck?" I mumbled .

I stood off the bed and slid my foot in my bunny slippers . I have not yet placed Bracen's bed into my room but I was planning to later on this week. I gently laid him down and jogged to the door .