Forty Seven

Not edited.

Please vote and/or comment.

In the last chapter, Daniel was the one to call Zoe, not Robbie. Sorry for my mistake.

I had to rewrite this chapter. It took me forever but here it is. Not comfortable with it yet but I'll come later to edit it.

Forty Seven

Eric

I felt as if the whole world had stopped when Zoe told me that my brother was in the hospital.

Not yet, God, please don't take him yet.

"What? How?" I asked stupidly but those were the only words that came out of my mouth at Zoe telling me that my brother is in the hospital.

"It was Daniel. Jace was taken to the hospital after having convulsions." Zoe explained as she tried not to sob.

My phone started ringing at that moment. Zoe took it out of her bagand gave it to me. It was my mom. She was probably going to tell me about Jace. "Hey, mom. Everything okay?" I asked as non chantily as I could.

"Hey, baby and don't bother telling me not to call you my baby because you're always going to be my baby." My mom rambled, making me slightly chuckle. "Anyways, I know you're busy but it's your brother... He's in the hospital. Your dad and I will go see him." She told me and I could tell she had been crying by how tired her voice sounded.

"I'll catch the next flight there." I told my mom. I didn't need to ask what was wrong with Jace because even when I already knew, I knew it was about Jace's brain cancer. My brother was detected in an early stage after his head was checked when he had a concussion from playing football. The tumor couldn't be completely removed so it was bound to grow again.

Mom sighed. "I won't stop you. Call me when you get here. Depending on what happened to Jace, I'll tell you if we are moving him or what. Fly safe, Eric." She said and hung up.

I wrapped my arms around Zoe. That's the only thing that I needed. I mean, besides having my brother healthy. When I'm with my girlfriend, I feel stronger. Like I could face anything in our way.

"Let's go." I told her. She gave me her car keys and I was glad that she trusted me with it. We spent the whole car ride in silence. I was trying to not lose focus on driving and Zoe was lost in her thoughts. I didn't worry about her because she kept rubbing my knuckles as she held my hand. She was my support and I was hers at this moment especially.

Zoe's friends were on the waiting room when we arrived. Angie was the first to see us. She stood up and walked with a frantic look on her face which made me worried. "Guys, what the fuck?" She asked exasperated as she looked in between Zoe and me. "You come here, together?"

Zoe and I snapped our heads at each other and I heard Zoe curse. "Shit."

My eyes widen at the realization. "I completely forgot. What should we do?" I asked Zoe as I turned to look at her.

"Unless you plan on telling Jace, Daniel and," Angie said to us and then looked at me. "Your parents, who are coming soon, then go ahead."