Chapter 11: Stay Close Don't Go.

~EDITED.

CONNIE'S P.O.V

"Connie?" An unusually timid voice called out, completely unsuited to its husky tone. Just the sound of it sent shivers up my spine as memories flooded back.

Wait. 

I knew that voice. I froze. Oh God. Why the hell did I wait for my friends to come out? I should have ran away while I had the chance. He can't have seriously seen me can he? I thought he'd already left...

Within seconds I felt that familiar warm hand on shoulder, sending reverberations of searing heat through my heart. It actually hurt to want that hand on my body so badly. I pushed it off quickly; I needed to give off the right signal. Still having not opened my eyes or turned round to face him, I said through my teeth, "Alex, I thought I told you to let me go and to not come and find me?" I clenched my fists, trying to make it seem like it was the anger that made me shiver, not the desire to have his hand on me again, to kiss him and feel his body on mine and... There I went again. I couldn't have it both ways. He'd hurt me and I chose this life, there was no going back. Was there?

I had to go, my resolve was wavering. He'd caught me off guard and I hadn't had time to put up my walls. I wasn't ready to see him. Not yet. Not when after only one touch from him and I was re-considering my whole life. I started to walk, but the hand landed on my shoulder again. Stopping me still. Unwilling to push it off this time.

"Don't go. Not again. I can't take it." His voice broke on almost every word. I let out a huge breath that I hadn't realised I'd been holding, as I turned to face him, two sides of me at war with each other. The side that loved the rock star girlfriend life was winning. The side of me that wanted Alex, nothing else. She didn't want normality, she hadn't grown up with infamous parents, so why should her boyfriend be any different? Surely the daughter of an actress and actor-turned-musician should have the glamorous boyfriend too? Staring into his beautiful brown eyes, I could see the pain in their depths, and the emptiness that used to be filled with such wonder and excitement.

"I want you back Connie. No, I need you back." He'd leaned over and whispered this in my ear, so no-one else could hear our private moment. His closeness and the feel of his cool breath on my skin made me involuntarily close my eyes in pure desire, as goosebumps spread all over my body. I had never wanted him as much in my entire life. Standing in front of me, he looked too good. The clothes he was wearing looked completely out of place on him. Images flashed across my eyelids showing me ways of solving that problem...

That was it. I wanted him too much. I couldn't stand here and refuse him when my whole being yearned for him all over again. My resolve had gone. This new life I'd chosen seemed so distant and faint in my memory, that I wasn't even sure it had ever happened. It was like I'd never left and he'd never...

He'd never... That thought brought me back down to reality. My eyes flashed open to see his smug smile shift to shock at my sudden change in emotion.

"It's too late, but we both know that already, so why do I have to keep telling you, Alex?. You know you've had your many chances to change and make it right. And you didn't. That was I moved here, so I actually stood a chance of moving on with my life. Now it's just a failed attempt because you've ruined it, Alex. I can't deny I'm connected to you anymore, everyone will know that I am not the normal girl that I tried to be. The exact opposite of why I came here!" I couldn't control the volume my voice had risen to. Throughout my life he'd always seemed to take what was good for me. And now that I was finally trying to get by without him, he came along and ruined everything. Again.

Everyone was staring at us now. So many faces, wide eyes, open jaws. Whispers raced through the crowd, no doubt confirming we were a couple. Fantastic.