Bright Daisies

There was this girl who went to my school about seven years ago, and in the pandemonium of grade ten, she became friends with a girl who really, really, really hated her.

Around the time of the school’s annual dance, this girl got queried to it by someone she really, really liked - but behind the scenes he was taken – by the girl who really, really, really hated her.

It was a tarnished scheme that went completely overlooked – like something out of an immoral teenage drama show.

Heedless of the contrived operation, this girl disbursed all her money to purchase the perfect dress and a full-bloomed flower to pin to the boy’s coat who she really, really liked.

The dress she bought was a pale purple – like something out of a lavender dream, and the flower was a bright, bright daisy.

She waited outside her house on the night of the dance, apprehensive and fervent to spend time with the boy she really, really liked.

She waited with the bright, bright daisy in her hands for the boy she really, really liked to show up and assist her into his luxurious car but instead, the boy she really, really liked drove by in a chartered truck with the girl who really, really, really hated her in the passenger seat.

Her dress, dawned in a pale purple like something out of a lavender dream, wafted around her petite frame and imbibed aloft with the cool wind as they zoomed past.

The girl who really, really, really hated her trundled down the window and called her a cow and inclined over the boy she really, really liked to repulsively tootle at the horn for the intact unobtrusive neighborhood to see.

The boy she really, really liked and the girl who really, really, really hated her reiterated their actions unerringly nine epochs, and just before the tenth, she could not take their tormenting any longer and hurdled out onto the road in front of the rented truck for the intact unobtrusive neighborhood to see.

She collided catastrophically into the head of the rented truck, and the windshield splintered and the air bags billowed and the boy she once really, really liked and the girl who once really, really, really hated her fell numb.

All was frenzied and many hearts were impaired and an ocean of guilt asphyxiated the boy she once really, really and the girl who once really, really, really hated her.

All was ruined that night but not what used to be a

bright,

bright daisy.