Chapter 1: Prologue

Start from the beginning

"Are you ready ?" She asked me as her eyes started to glaze over with tears.

"Yes, I think so," I said nervously

I don't know why I was nervous, I was mostly excited. I was about to go to Hogwarts and learn magic. I hugged my mom and Logan and Mike came back. They hugged mom too and Logan took my hand and lead me onto the train with Mike close behind us. We found an empty cabin and sat down and looked out the window. We could see our mom standing on the platform waving and trying to hold back the tears. I was happy when she smiled reassuring me that they were tears of joy and that she was proud of us. The train's horn went off and the train started to move and we waved to our mom as we left the station. I waved goodbye until we could no longer see her and the platform turned into the countryside of London and we were on our way. I spent some time talking to my brothers and sometimes looking out the window at the country, thinking about Hogwarts and which house I'll be put in. My brothers were both in Gryffindor so that's where I suspect I'll be too.

After a few minutes of thinking I start to doze off and find myself falling asleep beside Logan.

----------------------------------------------

I feel something poke me and realize it's Logan. I realize that I'd been sleeping for a long time.

"We're almost there, you should get into your robes," Logan says standing to go change I assume.

Since this is my first year and I'm not in a house yet my robes are simple and all black. When I'm put in a house I'll get robes with the house colours on them. Mike and Logan leave me alone for a bit to let me get settled. I decide to change in the cabin thinking it would be the easiest thing to do. I close the door to the cabin and pull down the blind. I grab my robes from my bag and change smoothly into them in no time. I'd worn them a few times at home not being able to wait to put them on. I reopen the door and sit back down looking out the window to see green fields full of birds and blue sky. Mike and Logan come back into the cabin in their Gryffindor robes and sit down with me.

I soon feel the train start to slow down and I quickly look at Logan who gives me a small smile telling me were here.

The train pulls into a station and we come to a stop. I jump up and jump up and down, hitting Mike by accident in the process. My brothers stand up and we leave the cabin. The hall is full of students trying to get off the train and I grab Mikes hand not wanted to get lost in the wave of people. Mike and I get off the train quickly with Logan close behind us. I then notice a very large man wearing an old brown coat and boots calling over the first years. I look at Mike and he lets go of my hand.

"Go over there and I'll meet you up at the castle, okay?" He said pulling his hand on my shoulder.

"First years over here!" The man calls again.

Mike smiles at me then goes to catch up with Logan and see some of his friends. I turn and start to walk over to the tall man and try not to get crushed by the older students. I make it over to him and take a closer look at him. He has a long beard and hair almost longer than mine. He suddenly noticed me and smiled at me.

"Ello, what's yer name?" He asks in a deep English voice.

"I'm Elena, Elena Bell," I said looking up at the giant man.

"Welcome to Hogwarts Ms. Bell, I'm Hagrid," he said kindly

This was very strange to me. No one had ever called me that before, they only called my mother that. I was always just Elena. I guess it was something I would get used too.

Once we had all the first years together the man lead us out of the station and towards the lake. There I saw many boats floating looking as if they were waiting for us.

"If you could all now get in groups of four please," Hagrid said loudly.

I went to a boat and sat down beside a girl with curly brown hair. She looked over at me and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Hermione. What's your name?" She asked holding out her hand.

I was very happy at the thought of having a friend. It wouldn't be as scary as going to the castle not knowing anyone.

"My name is Elena," I said shaking her hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Elena, I hope were put in a good house," she said releasing my hand.

"I do too," I say as the boats start to move.

This was truly amazing to me. There was nothing pulling the boats and they didn't have any motor. The boats were enchanted and the could move on their own.

"How do they do this?" I ask Hermione

"It's a spell, it's really quite simple," she says

She then goes on to explain how the boats move but she uses all kinds of magic terms that I don't understand. I suppose I'll learn about it soon.

I politely nod my head as I listen but I honestly don't understand a word she's saying. I look forward to admire the big, beautiful castle that I'll be calling home soon. I get butterflies in my stomach as we get closer to the castle.

Soon we pull up to the castle docks and we get out of the boats. We all follow Hagrid up the steps to the front of the castle. There we are met by an old woman with silver hair, dressed in dark purple robes. She greets us with a smile and thanks Hagrid for showing the kids to the castle.

"Hello children, my name is Professor McGonagall. I will escort you to the great hall where you will be sorted into your houses. Please follow me" she said turning on her heel and walking into the castle.

We all followed close behind her and I stayed close to Hermione. We walk through the castle doors and up the stairs. I walk with Hermione as we notice the pictures are moving and even talking. They move as we pass, greeting us as we walk by. We follow the professor to two big doors at the top of the stairs. She stops for a moment when the doors open. She continues walking and as I walk in I notice four long tables stretching the length of the room and one at the front of the room where I assume the teachers sit. Professor McGonagall walked all the front of the room and stopped to turn to us.

"I will now place the sorting hat on each of you one by one and you will be placed in your houses," she said holding up an old looking brown hat.

She started to call the names of the first years one by one.

Susan Bones

Terry Boot

Gregory Goyal

Pansy Parkinson

Draco Malfoy

Hannah Abbott

Harry Potter 

When Harry's name is called everyone goes silent. I look at Hermione in disbelief. She gives me a nod to tell me I'm not hearing things.

Harry is put in Gryffindor and I get very excited at the thought that he's going back to be in the same house as me.

Hermione's name is called and she is also put in Gryffindor. I get very excited for my name to be called and I can join my brothers in Gryffindor.

Then it happens. Professor McGonagall calls my name and I walk up to the chair and sit down. She places the hat on my head and it begins to speak. It starts to make stance humming noises as if it's a hard decision. It's silent for a little while then he speaks.

"Slytherin"