37. Neha's Mehendi

Aranya's POV

Sitting infront of at least 15 different dishes of food and a table crowded with Virat's family was pretty damn overwhelming. I probably gained 5kgs right then and there that evening. Nevertheless, I was relieved that they were welcoming. After countless discussions of which saree Neha should wear at the mehendi ceremony tonight and how I should gain some more weight, Virat's mother finally decided that it was time for us all to get ready for the mehendi.

Virat's POV

It was evening time.The music was on and we were dancing all along. All the ladies were busy applying mehandi on their hands. Aranya and her friend were dancing too. She danced like crazy I must say. And she looked pretty in pink. "Aranya you should go and get some mehendi on your hands" I whispered into her ears. She nodded and then went to the mehendi designer to choose a design for herself. I went and sat beside her. "Don't forget to write my name on her hand" I said to the mehendi designer. Aranya was blushing several shades of red by now. "Accha listen. I am going out with Dhoni bhai to the market. I will be back soon." "Okay. Now go" Saying that she literally pushed me out...

After two hours...

Its been an hour since I returned but Aranya was nowhere to be found. I have tried to call her many times, but my calls went straight to the voice mail. I searched in her room, but she wasn't there. I then went to the other guys' rooms, but she wasn't there too. While looking for Aranya, I saw Isha coming down the stairs from the terrace. I rushed to her and asked "Ishu did you happen to see Aranya anywhere?" "She's on the terrace." She replied. I thanked her and then made my way up the stairs to the terrace. I opened the door of the terrace and saw Aranya bending a bit on the terrace wall and looking at the stars. I quietly walked to her side and then hugged her from back. She became startled at first, but then relaxed knowing that it was just me. "Baby, kya hua? Why are you here? And that too alone?" "Woh Virat actually I was thinking about something. Whenever I am happy, God takes away all my happiness in some way. So I am afraid now. What if he-" Before she could complete her sentence, I cut her off in mid. "He won't be able to separate us ever. We will be together forever. That's not just a promise, but a commitment too" I said. Saying that I kissed her forhead and hugged her tight.

After a while, I finally released her from the hug. "Did you have anything jaan?" "No.. Actually I can't" "And why is it that? You're not fasting right?" "No I am not. There's mehendi on my hands actually" "Geez! You girls can be so silly sometimes. Come I will feed you dinner tonight" saying that I took her to the living room. I made her to sit on the sofa and then went to bring dinner for her. I served all her favourite items on the plate. I then went to her, sat by her side and started feeding her the food. After I was done with the feeding, I cleaned her mouth with a tissue and made her to drink a glass of water. "And its done baby" I said to her. "thanks Virat" she replied. "And you're the best boyfriend" she added. "But I want to be the best husband" saying that I pouted. "Of course baby you will be" she replied. "Okay now let's take you to the bed. Its Haldi tomorrow right. So we will need to wake up jaldi" I said. She simply nodded. I lifted her in bridal style and took her to the room. I then made her to sleep comfortably on the bed. "Good night baby" "Good night Virat. I love you" "I love you too" saying that I kissed on her forhead and went back to my room to sleep.