36. Meeting His Family

Aranya's POV

''Mummy! Aranya is here!'' Virat called out as we walked into the heavily decorated house. A woman in her late 50's walked in wearing a blue salwar kameez with a smile on her face. Her facial features matched Virat's ever so subtly. She made eye contact with me and smiled warmly at me. She came towards me and gave me a hug. ''Aranya..I've heard so much about you! So beautiful..even more than Virat described. Beta you must be hungry. Go and get freshen up, the food is ready. Virat will show you your room,'' she said. I couldn't help but smile back at her. ''Thank you aunty,'' I said. ''Beta, aunty nahi. Mummy bolo as you will have to practice. Neha ke baad tum dono ki hi shaadi hogi '' she said and put her hand on my shoulder. I flushed as I saw Virat smirk at me from behind her. She ran her eyes over me with a sudden disapproving look. I tensed. ''Why are you so thin? Virat, Aranya ka dhyan nahi rakhte kya ?'' she said and frowned at Virat. He widened his eyes and laughed out loud. ''Mummy, you won't believe how much she eats.'' he said while laughing. I gasped and was about to retort, when Mummy turned to me and smiled. ''Accha koyi nahi, aab toh tum yaha ayeho, I'll send you back home healthy,'' she said lovingly to me. I smiled back at her. ''Raju! Flowers asey nahi rakhte hain! Hai baghwan! Aranya beta I'll see you at lunch,'' she said and hurried away to fix the mismatch of wedding flowers. Virat looked at me and smiled. ''Toh Ms. Mehta? Shall we go? The rest of the family is dying to meet you. Neha has been annoying the fuck out of me the whole day asking about you,'' he said and led me up the stairs to one of the many rooms. ''We'll be in different rooms huh?'' I said with a smirk. He closed the door to the room we were in, and all of a sudden pushed me up on the wall. ''That won't stop me from doing naughty things to you, baby,'' he whispered and pressed his lips on mine. As he bit into my lower lip, I moaned and pushed my body onto his. ''VIRAT?! ARANYA!'' a shrill excited voice that only could belong to Neha, Virat's first cousin, interrupted us. Virat groaned and swore under his breath. I let out a giggle at his reacton and fixed my hair. Virat opened the door and snapped at Neha, ''Can't we get some privacy?'' ''Shut up Virat. Where's Aranya?'' she quickly brushed him off. ''Hi,'' I squeaked from behind Virat. Neha practically screamed and jumped on me with excitement. I laughed and hugged her back. We had been close in college and lost touch after. Only after I had met Virat, we got back in touch again. And this was the first time we had met after years. She was as beautiful as she always had been. Runs in the family I thought. ''Oh my god! You've become even prettier! What the fuck are you doing with Virat man? You should be dating some Bollywood star yaar!'' she said as she held me at an arm's length. I blushed and Virat scoffed. ''Neha go away. She needs to freshen up,'' he muttered. ''Yeah yeah, I know, what kind of freshening up you both were doing,'' she said with a smirk. I blushed even further and Virat came and hugged me from behind. ''Toh kabab mein haddi kyu ban rahe ho?'' he said with a playful smirk. Neha laughed and walked out of the room leaving us alone. Virat trailed tiny kisses along my neck and said, ''So where were we?'' ''Virat! Enough. Mummy might see us!'' I pulled back and lightly pushed him away. He groaned and went and sat on the bed. I went to the bathroom and freshened up. Changing into a white and dark green kameez, I walked out to see Virat on his phone. He looked up to me, and took a sharp intake of breath. ''You look breathtaking,'' he murmured. I blushed and sat beside him. I was about to say something when my stomach called out an embarrassingly loud groan of hunger. Virat and I locked eyes and he started laughing. He stood up and tugged my hand. ''Chalo, your stomach's really telling me something,'' he said with a small laugh. Lunch with the rest of the family it is..