12. Close Save!

Virat's POV
I was happy that Aranya accepted my apology. According to Dhoni bhai's plan, I am taking Aranya for lunch. Dhoni bhai will bring along my mom and his in - laws with Sakshi bhabi and
Mrigakshi to the same hotel. I and Aranya entered the hotel and was escorted by the manager to our table which I had booked previously. The table was in a separate cabin away from the main restaurant. I had booked it so that my mom may not see me with her.
We chatted for sometime about everything. She told me about her radio station and I told her about my experiences. I just stared at her while she talked. I loved how she giggled like a baby when I mentioned about something funny, how she crinkled her nose when she found something very annoying, how she rolled her eyes when she disagreed with me, how she sticks out her tongue when she teases me and the list goes on. I was in deep thoughts about her, when I felt someone poking on my ribs. Being startled I said "What the....." But before I could complete saying it Aranya cut me off straight by putting a finger on my mouth. "Hussssh! Virat. Tell me about whom you were thinking." She said in a demanding tone. "You" I blurted out. Her eyes immediately widened at my reply. My inner conscience cursed me for being so stupid. "Err.. I mean I was telling that I was thinking about your aunt and the delicious pancakes she cooks" I somehow covered. She giggled. Awww I love her giggling.
I came out of my thoughts abruptly when I heard my phone ringing. I checked the caller id and saw Dhoni bhai's name. I took no time to receive it and answered "Hey bhai! Kaha ho?". "We're here. Jaldi aao" He said and hung up the call. I looked at Aranya who was busy admiring her surroundings. I cleared my throat to make her look at me. "Ahem! Ahem!" "Miss Aranya Mehta" I added. "Yes Mr Virat Kohli" She replied in the same playful tone. "Ummm... Dhoni bhai had called. He wants me to attend a small meeting along with him and the coach at the lounge area. It will just take 30 minutes. Will you wait?" I asked rather nervously. She smiled and said "Of course you can! I know it's important for you. I will wait". I smiled inwardly. "Okay I will be back. Don't go anywhere" I said and made my way to the parking lot where Dhoni bhai and all were waiting.

Mrigakshi's POV
Thanks to my Sakshi di. She is the best sister one can wish for. She by herself found out about my feelings for Virat. She surprised me when she told that she talked about mine and Virat's marriage with his mom. I was overjoyed. I actually wanted to go on a date with Virat alone. But it's okay for me, even with my family and Virat's mom around. We reached 'The Lalit' at around 3pm. The driver parked the car in the parking lot and we made our way to the restaurant. I heard Dhoni jiju call Virat. Even his thoughts make my heart flutter. I was excited to see him. Virat came hugged Dhoni jiju at first. Then touched my parents and his mom's feet. And at last greeted me and Sakshi di. We were escorted to a large table. I sat beside Sakshi di and Dhoni jiju. To my left sat my dad. Virat took the sit opposite to mine. My mom sat to his right and his mom sat to his left. I bend down a bit and whispered to Virat "Veeeeee... I am so happy about us. What about you?". He just nodded in return. "Awww my Vee is shy ha?" I asked him jokingly. "No I am not" He replied rudely. Why does he seem angry? Is he unhappy about these all? 'He is stressed out because of the game. Don't think too much" my inner conscience told me. While all the elders along with Sakshi di were busy talking about our families, Dhoni jiju and Virat were busy talking to each other in some sign language. I tried to make out what they were talking about, but I failed to do that. So I decided to order the food. I looked at Virat after ordering food for everyone. He stood up from his seat and said "Excuse me everyone. I need to go. I will be back soon. Aap log enjoy kijiye! " "Kaha beta? " Virat's mom asked. "Mummy mere friend se milne. I will be back within 20 minutes" He said. His mom nodded in return. I looked at Virat go inside the hotel. I wonder who that friend is.

Aranya's POV
It's been 40 minutes and there is no sign of Virat. I know that the meeting is important for him. So should I leave? But what will Virat think if I leave without informing him? Ugh! I was confused. I plugged on my earphones and played my One Time Low playlist to pass the time. I closed my eyes and hummed along to the songs. But I winced suddenly when I felt someone's hand on my hand. I opened my eyes and saw a grinning Virat. "Why are you grinning? " I asked blushing a bit. I could feel the heat on my cheeks. I didn't want Virat to hear me singing. "Because I love One Time Low" He said and smirked. I crinkled my nose at his reply. He is such a tease. "Whatever" I simply said and stuck out my tongue at him. He just laughed. The food arrived after that. We had sushi which was Virat's favourite dish. We then had cheesecake for desert. After finishing my food, I patted on my stomach and said "I am full". He followed suite and replied "Me too".
The waiter cleaned the table and brought the bill. I tried to pay, but Virat snatched the bill and paid. "Let me be a gentleman" He said and winked. I just shrugged. He held my hand and we made our way out of the restaurant.
While we were going out, Virat stopped in his tracks and looked at me "What is it Virat? " I asked being worried. "Ummm.. The meeting is not over yet. I just took a break to come and have lunch with you. Can I go back if you don't mind? " He asked. I smiled. "Yeah sure" I said. After that I went a bit close to him. I tiptoed on my feet and then kissed him lightly on his cheeks. His smile widened with that and he returned the same gesture. We bid each other goodbye, and he made me sit in his car and asked his driver to drop me at home

Virat's POV
I was smiling like anything. Although it was just a small kiss on my cheeks, yet it felt so good. I traced my fingers on my cheeks where Aranya kissed. 'She loves you too Virat' my inner conscience told me. Brushing those thoughts aside, I made my way to the table where the others sat as half of the plan was still left to be executed. But, I stopped at my tracks when I saw Mrigakshi behind me. She wore a shocked expression on her face. I hope she didn't see anything. Otherwise I will be having a tough time explaining things to my mom. "Who was she? " She managed to mumble. "My friend. Why are you here? " I asked. She smiled and said "The food is here. Let's go." She pulled me in and I followed her. I thanked god as she didn't question me further. I took my seat and smiled at my mom. "Cheeku I and the coach want you to be physically and mentally prepared for the upcoming England tour and the tri-series okay? No distractions please." Dhoni bhai said and winked at me before making sure nobody had noticed it. I tried to sound sad and said "Yeah I understand. Don't worry. I won't let any distraction come my way". "But we were planning about Virat's and Mrigakshi's engagement." Sakshi bhabi piped in. "No Sakshi. This is not the right time" Dhoni bhai said sternly. Sakshi bhabi passed a death glare to him but he just shrugged and ignored it. "Beta tum bolo." Both the mothers piped in together. My mom was ready with her puppy dog eyes. I sighed. "No mom. Bhai is right. I can't even think about all this for the next 8 months". My mom nodded. While Mrigakshi's mom became sad. She looked at Mrigakshi who was looking down at her plate. I know she is sad. But I can't help it. I can't make Aranya sad for her. Not even in my dreams. Mrigakshi let out a sigh and then looked up at me. "Vee.. its okay. I understand that cricket is everything for you. I will wait. " She said and squeezed my hand. I took a deep breath which I had been holding for so long. 'Mission accomplished!' My inner conscience fist pumped in the air. I looked at Dhoni bhai who was already smiling. 'That was a close save' he mumbled. I grinned.
The rest of the time passed by quickly. Everyone left along with Dhoni bhai. I got into my car and asked the driver to take me to Raina's home. 'Now it begins. Make sure that Aranya should not slip away from your hands' I told myself!