42. We're Going To Fight

Aranya's POV

The trip on the way home from the hospital was quiet. Except for aunt's sobs. When I entered the house, I felt a cold chill. Like a supernatural presence was there. Dad? Or maybe Mom?
Aunt closed the door and breathed heavily. She then faced me with watery eyes.
I then ran up to her and hugged her tight. "Aunt, don't cry please. You're making me loose hope." I chuckled a bit at the end.
"I..couldn't lo -- loose another one Aru." She said with sobs in between.
"Aunt.." I started to say. She needed to stop crying. I hate it. I hate that I'm the cause.
I cupped my aunt's face so that she would look directly to me. "Aunt, I'll fight until the very end. For you my aunt, and for everyone that I love. That, I promise."
She nodded and pulled me in another hug. "So please, all I ask is for you to be as strong as me."
"Yes Aru, I will." She said while stroking my hair.
"I love you aunt." I said trying to fight back my tears.
Her hug was so tight, it could have suffocated me. "I love you so much Aru."
After our moment over there, she had to go to the bakery. Tomorrow is another busy day because I am going back to the doctors for my treatment. He still had no deadline on when .. on when I'll die. He is hoping that I'd be cured.
Damn, me too doctor.
I reached my bed and flopped down on it. I felt really tired. I smelled myself to see if the hospital odour was still there. But the only smell that I got was that of Virat. Virat. Where is he? My heart stinged so badly. I needed him right now.
Next thing I knew I zoned out.
----
I woke up with the feeling that someone's arm is draped around my waist. My back was against something hard, so I turned the other side.
I was faced to face with the love of my existence.
"Hello." I said to him and gave him a light smile.
But I frowned noticing that he had puffy eyes and he looked really tired.
He removed a piece of strand that was covering my face. "Hello, beautiful."
I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed his face and kissed him. He kissed back with so much passion.
"I can't believe it's going to happen to you again." I whispered.
He chuckled. But his eyes were so sad. "Me too."
And then he said the words that made my entire existence worth it.
"I love you."
I looked at him straight in the eyes. He then cupped my face and looked straight in my eyes.
I leaned my face towards him and kissed him lightly. "I love you too."
Our bodies melted into each other. The room was dark, but it was illuminated by the firefly christmas lights.
"Promise me one thing." He whispered in my ear.
"Anything." I responded.
"We'll fucking fight this cancer, okay?" He said laughing a bit.
I chuckled. "I promise, prince charming."