38. The DAY

Aranya's POV

I woke up to the buzzing sound of the alarm clock. Okay sorry! Its been Virat who's been calling me so early. Virat was never a morning person. How come he's calling me this early today. I received his call in the third ring and answered "What are you up to Virat? You never call me this early" I heard a bit of shuffling noise before he replied "Jaan! My Jaan! Go and get ready. We're going out" "Virat what do you mean by we're going out?" "Well it means that I will be taking my jaan for a date. Now goooo" "But Vi-" Before I could complete the sentence, he cut me off completely. "No buts. Now just go and get ready jaan." I just sighed and decided to drop the subject by nodding. I bid him goodbye and made my way to the bath room to get freshen up and then changed into a simple floral dress. I put on a minimal makeup to go with my dress. After that I went down the stairs and saw that the guys were waiting for me.
"So, where are we heading guys?" I asked all of them.
Raina smirked. "You mean, where are you and Virat going?"
"You guys are not coming with us?!" I asked them.
They all shook their head. "I'm tired of seeing your face." Isha said.
I smacked her on her shoulders. She then held her hands up, "I was kidding!"
Virat poked my cheeks. "Aw, you tired of hanging out with me?" He said in a baby voice.
I rolled my eyes and said, "Sometimes, I don't get why you're oldest amongst these three"
He smirked, grabbed my hand and we made our way to his car.
------
We stopped along the strip of tress. It was a pretty long street and Virat and I were walking along it hand in hand. As I took a step, I felt my ribs stinging with pain. And I felt hot, like literally hot. But then Virat's hand gripped mine tighter and I knew I'd be okay.
The sky was perfect, the sun was not out yet, and the wind was cool. We were walking until Virat tugged my arm. "Kya hua baby?" I asked while fixing my gaze upon him. "There's one important thing which I need to ask you. Its been a year of our relationship. And on this special day of our first anniversary, I want to ask you if would want to share my life with me please?" Before I could register the fact that Mr Virat Kohli, have proposed me for marriage right now, I saw Virat going down on his knees. In the very next moment, his hands fumbled around the back pocket of his jeans before revealing a red box infront of me. He opened the red box to reveal a heart-shaped diamond ring. I could feel tiny drops of tears travelling down my cheeks now. "Miss Aranya Mehta, I Virat would like to ask you with total honesty and sincerity that will you be my wife? Will you be my partner for the rest of the innings of my life?"
My heart stopped, in a good way. I never thought I can feel 192729 emotions all at the same time. I wanted to scream and jump and hug him and say yes, but all that can leave my mouth was a scream of pain.

Virat's POV

I finally asked her. And with luck, this might be the best day of my life: The day she says yes. She looked at me, with so much glee. My heart lightened yet it was beating so fast. But then her face changed, and the next thing I knew she was screaming in pain.
"OWWWW!!!" She screamed. I saw her body shake a bit as if she was about to collapse. My mind was going nuts right now and the first thing I thought of was to grab her before she falls.
As I grabbed her she was bending down, holding onto her ribs. She was screaming painfully, I couldn't see her like this. "Ssh, it's going to be okay.." I said trying to calm her.
As I felt her hands, it was hot, like really hot. Her weight got heavier than the usual so I finally sat on the ground with her on me.
"Virat it hurts" She said while tears were rolling on her face.
I felt useless right now. I tried to get my phone to call the medical emergency service, but it was at my back pocket and I couldn't reach to it with out letting go of Aru. I called out to a pedestrian and asked for help. He immediatley called the medical emergency service.
My attention went back to Aru who was looking so pale and her eyes already closed. At least she wasn't screaming in pain. Beads of sweat were trickling down her forehead. She fainted already. I already heard the ambulance sirens coming.
I looked at her, and I felt like my heart was being shot for the second time. For some reason I have a feeling that it would happen again. I wasn't ready to loose my soul for the second time. The first time being when my lost my father.....