23. Something's Wrong!

Aranya's POV
"I'm not going in there with you!"
"We'll be really quick, Nishu!"
"Promise!"
"Nooooo!"
"B-But-"
"NO."
"It's just..." Isha mumbled, looking down at her shoes. "It's not that bad."
Shruti huffed a bit and I laughed as my friends argued a bit. Shruti was sounding like a whiny teenager, but that made it even funnier.
"You know what. I'm just gonna go. You can wait out here."
"Fine by me." Nishant yelled after the girls as they ran towards the store, giggling and laughing. I stayed behind and pulled out my phone, quickly glancing through tweets and text messages. I gotten a couple while I was asleep, mostly spams from Anurag. They were mostly like 'Hey. Hey. You awake?' and random words that sounded funny.
"Whatcha doing?" He peeked over my shoulder.
"Twittah." I said, with a smirk.
"Tweeting your famous boyfriend?" He teased, nudging me a bit.
I heard myself giggle a bit which was weird. I paused. When did I start doing that? I never giggle. "Why? You jealous?" I poked his nose teasingly. I immediately looked back at my phone, so I didn't notice how Nishant tensed up when I asked if he was jealous.
"Nope." He popped the 'p' a bit.
"Oh, come on you would so date me, Nishu." I laughed a bit, quickly typing up a tweet to Anurag bhai.
"Are you kidding? If you were the last girl on Earth, I wouldn't date you." He shot back.
I scoffed. "You know you would. Who wouldn't want some of this?" I got up and did a little dance move, making Nishant laugh a bit. I got weird stares from people around me, but heck, it was me. I got weird looks all the time.
"Sit down before you embarrass yourself."
I stuck my tongue out at him. "Aww, come on! Lighten up. You know you love me." He didn't reply so I just continued to look through my twitter feed. I froze up a bit once I saw a message from Virat.

I'll admit I bursted out laughing at the message, receiving a weird look from Nishant. I just showed him the message, still laughing but no sound coming out, making me look like a retarded seal while I clapped my hands too.
"Oh gosh'" I said, finally able to breathe. "Whew...That was good. That was a good one."
We waited fairly close to the entrance, leaning against the glass windows displaying the clothes inside. The mall was fairly crowded. I looked around.
"Shruti!" I hissed, looking around the store for the girls. "Isha?!"
"Over here!" They called at the checkout. They had two bags from here and I didn't even bother asking what they bought.
"I think we should get going." I said, as they took their bags from the perky cashier and we started walking out, carefully balancing our many bags on our arms.

"Wait a second. I am getting a call from Raina." Isha said immediately, taking out her phone, a smile on her face. She probably couldn't wait to hear her boyfriend's voice again. She stepped aside, phone on one ear, finger in the other to block out the loud noises of the mall.
"Hey, Nishant, can I talk to you for one sec?" Shruti asked, biting her lip. I wondered what it was about but I waved them off, shooing them away. I heard my phone ringing in my pocket so I picked it up, a familiar ringtone playing.
I quickly answered it, hearing the catchy tune. I bursted out laughing, seeing Yuvi bhai was calling me. The boys each had their own ringtones, so it was easy to tell who called.
"Yuvi bhai?" I asked, a bit confused. He usually didn't call me unless it was an emergency or something. We mostly texted.
"Hi!" He yelled into the phone excitedly, making me wince a bit. I rubbed my right ear a bit, Yuvi bhai's loud voice still ringing in my ear.
"U-Umm, indoor voice, Yuvi bhai."
I heard him sigh dramatically on the other end. I could almost picture him pouting like a child.
"Give it, Yuvi bhai! You said I could use your phone!" I heard someone say in the background.
"Nooooo! I'm talking to Winnie right now!" Yuvi bhai whined.
"Get out of the closet, Yuvi bhai! I need the phone!"
"No!"
"Yuvi bhai, is that Virat?" I mused. "Give him the phone!"
"Oh, I see how it is. Boyfriend before best friend."
"I'll talk to you later, all right, Yuvi bhai?"
"Promise, love?" He said in a child-like tone. I laughed a bit.
"Yes, I promise."
"Pinky promise?"
"You act like a five year old."
"You're just as immature as me!"
"Woah, woah, woah! Quit stating the impossible. No one is as immature as you!"
"Mmmhmm, says the girl who always asks for extra sprinkles on her ice cream cone-"
"-I like sprinkles!"
"-And still watches Winx Club religiously!" The sass was practically oozing out of his voice as he listed several other reasons.
"But-"
"And rode that kiddy merry-go-round in front of that supermarket once."
"Hey! You pushed me off because you didn't get the pony. Should I go into detail about that incredibly interesting tantrum you threw inside the store as well?" I shot back.
There was silence so I think it would be safe to say that I just owned Yuvi bhai.
"Yuvi pa, just give it to me!" Virat said a bit louder now.
"Just lemme talk to Virat." I groaned a bit, wanting to hear his voice.
"This isn't over, Winnie." He finally said, making me laugh a bit. There was muffled voices, and I could've sworn they dropped the phone. There was a loud thump and then yelling in the background. I heard them fumbling with it until eventually Virat started talking.
"Hey, babe!"
"Hey, Virat! What are you calling me for?"
"Well, Isha just called Raina about the paps. So, I just wanted to check on you." I could hear the concern in his voice and I could almost picture the worried expression on his face. A small smile tugged on my lips as I realized that he really cared for me.
"Thank you, Virat but I think we're good."
"We can send security if you need any."
I looked around the mall one last time. The exit was fairly close by. We could easily get out of here.
"Thanks for the concern, Vi." I said, moving out of the way as some people pushed past me, bags lightly hitting me. One hit me especially hard on the knee though. "Ow..." What the heck was in that bag?! "Jerk....Umm, but I don't think we need any." I looked back to Shruti and Nishant. They both seemed to be upset, Shruti occasionally throwing her arms up in the air like she was exhausted. That tired look in her eyes was back. That look that said she dreaded being here. The one that made her look much older than she was. Nishant ran a hand through his hair and I noticed he kept shaking his head over and over again. He almost seemed to be trying to prove something to Shruti. They just kept going back and forth. Isha hadn't noticed since she was busy on the phone, laughing genuinely at something Raina must've said.
My smile faded a bit as I stared at my two best friends. They were friends much longer than I have been with them. They've practically grown up with each other. It was so weird to see them like this. If they ever fought, it was playful and harmless, now they seemed to be getting angrier and angrier by the minute.
"Aru? You still there?" Virat's voice echoed through my phone's speakers. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Shruti and Nishant, but muttered a quick 'I'm here'.
"I'm gonna start heading out. I'll call you later all right, babe?"
"Sounds good. Bye, Aru."
"Bye, Virat. Love you."
"Love you too." The line went dead and I sighed a bit. Something was going on with those two.
But what?

A/N: I hope you're liking it. Do vote if you like it. Thanking you in advance. Love you all <3