9.Didn't See This Coming!

Virat's POV
"Mummy I am back", I said to my mom while plopping my bag on the sofa. "I am in the kitchen beta. Idhar aa jao" My mom said. My mom is a great cook. I love to eat the food she makes. "Mummy what are you cooking? " I asked her while hugging her from the back. "Aloo parathas and gajar ka halwa." My mom said. I sat on the kitchen island and tried to have a bite of the parathas when my kom stopped me. "Stop fooling around now and get fresh beta." My mom said. She always worry a lot about me. I slid down from the counter and ran up the stairs to my room. After taking my towel out from the drawers I rushed to my bathroom to take my shower. I took my shower quickly and returned back to my room. 'Virat don't forget. You'll have to go out with Aranya today' I reminded myself. I dressed up quickly and went to the dining area. My mom was laying down the plates on the table. "Mummy, tum baitho. Let me serve the food" I pleaded. My mom didn't agree at first, but she gave up finally. I made her sit on a chair and served her the parathas and gajar ka halwa. I tore a small piece of paratha and made her eat it by my own hand. "Mummy, you should take rest. Don't work so much" I said. After that I started eating too. We finished the breakfast together. My mom wanted to clean the dishes, but I didn't let her do that. I collected the dishes and took it to the kitchen so that the maid can clean it .
I wanted to know what kind of girl my mom likes. I mean I know that she will definitely like Aranya. "Mummy what kind of girl do you like? " I asked my mom nervously. My mom's eyes widened on hearing that. "Beta, are you okay? I was the one who wanted to ask you the question, but it's you who's asking me now" my mom said being surprised. "Mummy why did you want to ask me that? " I asked. Did she know that I love Aranya? 'Don't be silly Virat. How on earth will she know about it? You never told your mom about it' my inner conscience scolded me. Coming back out of my thoughts I asked the same question again to my mom. "Virat the thing is, when you were in Mumbai...." my mom said. "Yes mummy bolo. What happened when I was in Mumbai? " I asked her being impatient. "When you were in Mumbai, Sakshi had come here along with her sister. And, Sakshi had proposed the idea of your marriage with her sister. Mrigakshi is a sweet girl. She is beautiful and well - educated. She knows her sanskaar too. For me, she seems perfect for you. What do you think Virat? " my mom asked looking expectantly at me. It took me a while to process everything through my mind. I wanted to talk to her about Aranya and now she's saying that she likes Mrigakshi. And why did Sakshi bhabi do that? Didn't Dhoni bhai tell her that I love Aranya? There were so many questions in my mind. But not a single answer to any of them. "Beta, I know that you have always abided by whatever I said. You never disobeyed me. Trust me, she will be perfect for you" my mom said, assuring me. I didn't need her assurance now. I wanted to tell her that I love Aranya. But I don't think this will be the right time. "Mom I need some time. Everything happened so soon" I managed to choke out. My mom patted on my shoulder and said "I understand beta. Don't worry. I am not asking you to get married right away. Anyways, Sakshi's parents, Sakshi - Dhoni and Mrigakshi will be coming to our home for lunch today. So stay at home. No need to go out" my mom ordered. Fuck! Lunch? No. My Aranya will be waiting for me. "Mummy please I have. .." my mom cut me off before I could complete the sentence. "No arguments. Is it clear? " my mom said sternly. I simply nodded in return.
Aranya had called me for the 10th time now. I didn't have the guts to break her hurt. That's why I started ignoring her calls. Why did this happen with me? I didn't see this coming. All my hopes and dreams are shattered. I can neither let down my mom nor break Aranya's heart. What do I do?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your comments and votes means a lot for me.  Keep reading and keep voting snowflakes!  Love you all xx

And do check out my new story.  Another fanfiction on Virat Kohli