31: Beauty and Delight

"Is everything in place?" the frantic voice of Pitch cried out over the mic which dangled close to her mouth, as I nervously eyed her, women henchmen fixing my dress up. I was dressed as a normal person, and so was Jack, he wasn't wearing Joker makeup, he wore makeup that covered his scars, he fixed his hair up and took extra long getting ready this morning. He had no close friends besides Mouse, but I was busy getting all spruced up as well. Besides, bad luck for the groom to see the bride!

It had been six months since he asked me to marry him, and the whole six months we spent planning this wedding. I had a Simone Carvalli dress that costed $3,069 and, according to all the people doing my makeup, I was rocking it. I was nervous, thought. All eyes would be on me as I walked down that isle. . . . If I fell, I was in front of everyone.

Everyone.

I mean, even Catwoman is here, but of course as Selina Kyle. Bruce Wayne is her date, since they are good friends. Sadly, Mister Freeze wasn't attending because he was with Nora. Today is the anniversary of the day they met and he's still struggling to find a cure for his beloved wife. I hope Jack and I have a marriage as strong as theirs.

"Sally, you look gorgeous!" Pitch squealed, hugging me gently. "Joker is going to faint when he sees you!"

I shrugged, scared.

The wedding should go well though, the beautiful outdoor scenery near a beautiful lake thriving with all sorts of life, including a beautiful assortment of fish and frogs. It was a relaxing sound that was soon cut off by the sound of the pianist starting to play. I froze.

It should go right.

Right?

There would be a white platform with a beautiful white arch over it, where Jack and I shall kiss to finalize our marriage, the white arch littered with bursting, white flowers and green petals. It was beautiful, it was magnificent, there would be rows of people in white chairs and a bar at the back made out of marble where people could get whatever they wanted to drink, they wouldn't have any complaints.

The cake was tall, marvelous, and the samples tasted delicious, but what if it's the wrong kind of cake? What if they had a lazy baker the day they made our cake and it tasted bland and unedible?

Oh, what if someone spills red wine all over my beautiful dress? Or the after-party dress? Oh, it wasn't all that expensive but it was going to hold so many memories for years to come!

What if Batman jumps in and arrests us and the wedding is ruined?

What if-

"Jesus H. Christ, Sally, the look in your eyes is ridiculous. Nothing bad is going to happen. We have guards everywhere, we have everything under control, calm down. You look beautiful but you won't look beautiful if you look scared!" Pitch chimed in, I relaxed. She was right.

I walked when it was my time to, and Jack's face was priceless. He looked head over heels, which knocked out all the doubt and fear. His presence calmed me enough to keep on with the whole ordeal.

Our vows were sweet and long. His consisted of how he usually never feels any emotions, but with me, he feels a great amount of them, and he knew I was going to be his wife for as long as we would be alive. He said that I was an awesome woman, who was intelligent and clever, and a great partner (in crime, but he didn't say that out loud since there were some non-criminals at our wedding).

My vows consisted of how I fell in love with his strong personality and beautiful face, how I loved everything he did and everything we were going to have. About how I can definitely imagine our future, and I imagine it being beautiful and eventful, and how my love for him would never die.

Our kiss was passionate, loving, and I felt an overwhelming amount of emotions swell deep inside my chest and make it's way up and around my body, filling me with the thrilling, beautiful reality of the perfection in my relationship with Jack.

Him and I were honestly and completely meant to be.

At the after party, I talked to guests, laughed along with jokes my friends made, and everything seemed to go smoothly. Bruce wasn't angry that I was getting married, since he already had girls lining up around the block for at least one date with the playboy philanthropist.

Jack was sociable, and he actually seemed like a normal man. For once, he didn't seem like he wanted to kill anyone for annoying him or being an idiot, he just brushed off whatever he didn't like. The music was relaxing, beautiful and the bar handled their job well. No one got too drunk, no fights happened, and no flying bat ruined it.

After the party, we went straight to our honeymoon: Hawaii. We took a private jet, courtesy of Bruce Wayne, and settled down in a lively house as the sun rose and set each night with a clear beauty just like the love Jack and I grasped so firmly.