25: Love

FUNFACTS #1:

Favorite comic book: Joker by Brian Azzarello, or The Long Halloween trilogy.

Favorite female character: Catwoman, or Oracle (Batgirl, Barbara Gordon)

Least favorite female character: Harley Quinn

Favorite male character: Joker

Least favorite male character: Penguin

Favorite Batman movie: Batman and Robin, or The Dark Knight (I have a reason why I pick TDK over TDKR, if you would like to know why you can ask)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack ran in my room with a frown on his face and a sigh threatening to escape his pouting, cherry colored lips. I raised a brow at him, lying back on my bed as he made his way toward it, sitting at the edge and looking me in the eye with a pensive expression.

“Hm?” I murmured, mentally rolling my eyes and sticking up my middle finger at him. I was going to attempt to be civil.

“I’m. . . . .” he sighed. “I . . . am. . . ah. . . . s-. . . .Well I mean. . . .ah. . . .Well. . . . . Welllllllllllllluh. . . . . I . . .”

I bit back a smirk. “Woah there, Shakespeare, those highly intelligent words are too much for me. Hold up, let me go get my translator.” I sarcastically spoke, he glared.

“This isn’t easy.”

“Which makes this even better. I smirked, leaning forward and resting my chin on my fist, watching him with a charming smile on my face. “Go on.”

He growled. I was making this so hard for him, but I had a right to.

“I’m sorry.”

“Excuse me? I didn’t hear you.” I cupped my hand around my ear and leaned forward. He groaned.

“Blaise, I am sorry. I am sorry for thinking Harley was right. I’m sorry, you’re a good person.”

I snorted. “Kay, you don’t have to lie at the end of the apology.”

He chuckled, rolling his eyes at me.

“So, how did those words taste as they were leaving your mouth?” I teased lightly. He shook his head.

“Like vinegar.”

“Yum.” I walked over to him and sat on his lap, he looked at me weirdly.

“Forgiveness is so simple with you.” he rolled his eyes. “Softie.”

“Nope. I’m just crazy.” I smiled widely, he looked at me and frowned, then smirked.

“Doll, you are just something. . . .”

I rested my forehead on his, staring into his eyes. “That’s what love does to you.”

We stared at each other for a moment, he stayed quiet for a couple of minutes.

“You. . . .Love me?”

I smiled. “Yes.”

He was silent once again. He plucked me off of his lap and set me down on the bed in a sitting position, then walked over to the mirror, staring at it, clenching his hands every now and then.

“What’s wrong?” I breathed, folding my legs and leaning forward, peering at him curiously.

“Why do you love me? How could you love me?”

I was taken off guard. Care free Joker was out of the room at this moment.

“Love is an uncontrollable force. Some describe it as a disease, some describe it as an antidote to life’s harsh mysteries. . . But I, describe it as the end of an age of darkness, even when it itself, is darkness. It takes you by surprise, you cannot hide from it, and sometimes, you don’t want to hide, so you just open yourself up to it. It took me by surprise, but then I let myself open up, and I saw why I loved you. You are so mysterious, you love and smile and believe, under a mask of twisted hatred, a man who feels and a man who destroys, both of those personas are you. And I love every detail about both of them.”

I got up and wrapped my arms around him from behind, looking at us in the mirror.

“You got rid of the darkness I had stored within. You made me believe in something. Even if you are evil, even if we both have blood on our hands, I cannot deny my love for you. Even if I left, even if I retired from this life of crime, my love for you would still be there, and I wouldn’t be able to detach myself from this life, so in a way, this inescapable love is good for the both of us. It will keep us both in track, since we both will have a reason to live.”

My words weren’t so clear at the end, for he took it upon himself to start exploring my neck with his lips. My eyes fluttered closed, I turned my head away from the mirror and rested my head on his chest.

“People don’t want to believe that your love for me is real. They think that I am another Harley.” I whispered lightly, he stopped kissing me and gently started to stroke my cheek. I opened my eyes, staring into his, hoping for a positive response.

“They don’t understand what you and I have. Let them be ignorant. Why should we care about what they think?” he shrugged. “People will think what they want to, people will be jerks , the world is a cruel place.” 

I smiled. “So I’m not just another Harley?”

He shook his head no. “Harley is so frustrating, but a good addition to the team. She rounds up henchmen and easily controls them, and I only hit her because she always tests me, always pushes my buttons until I react in a way that obviously isn’t the reaction she wants. She tries to piss me off, expecting spontaneous love, but I’ll just be pissed off. She’s stupid, and I don’t even like her.”

“Busty blondes don’t do it for ya?” 

“It’s all push-up, trust me. And that doesn’t even matter, if a hot blonde walks through my doors, then okay. If they’re as dumb as a mule, then that’s not okay. Tits can only get you so far,” he sighed. “That’s why I put her in jobs of seduction, that’s all she’s good at.”

Jealousy rose. “So she’s slept with you a handful of times?”

He was quiet for a moment. I sighed, then shrugged.

“I don’t care, as long as you’re not having sex with her anymore.”

He pulled me close by the waist. I looked up at him.

“I have a new squeeze.” he smirked, I chuckled, kissing him.

“Good. So, I’m your girlfriend?”

“Yeah.” he kissed me gently, I sighed and snuggled into his chest.

“Good.”