30: Full Commitment

I bit my lip and sighed. "This is what I get for falling in love with The Joker. . . ."I chuckled sadly, he kissed me gently, his soft lips melting my heart and wiping every thought I had. It was so passionate that I stopped worrying about what would happen in the future, I just know whatever happened, happened, and we had each other, and that's all that mattered. What happens in the past isn't something we should have anxieties about, because then our present won't be as glorious as we would want them to be. Our present's destruction with negative thoughts creates a shaky, dark past, which creates even more melancholy.

I pulled away from Jack and smiled softly. "We can do this together, no matter what." I chuckled softly. "You can still be the Joker, but I'm retiring."

"I don't want you to get hurt. You're my Sally."

"And you're my Jack."

He snorted. "Cheesy."

I laughed softly, stroking his cheek. "But it's okay. Cheesy is funny," I turned to the bookshelf. "Now I have time to read again."

"What do you want to read about?"

I shrugged. "Depends on the mood."

My phone started going off, I answered it. "Yes?" I snapped, irritation clouding my mind. I didn't enjoy it when people called me late at night.

"Wow, kitty got claws, I see."

I shook my head. Catwoman and her lame puns.

"What's up," I breathed, rubbing my forehead. Jack chuckled at my irritation and sat down on the bed, watching at me curiously.

"Look, I need your help. I want to rob a bank, and I know you are the gal to help, or your boyfriend is, at least."

"My boyfriend is probably the person who you'd want to talk to, but what's in it for him?"

Jack pointed at me, signaling that I spoke out what he was thinking. I winked.

"Well, he gets half the money, it's just really hard to grasp my paws on a good approach to this bank. . . . It's highly guarded, and getting into it will benefit all the thieves in Gotham."

I looked at Joker, he nodded.

"Yeah, he's up for it."

"Purrfect."

I groaned. "Just, no, stop, please."

She snickered. "Thanks hon. Tell Joker to meet me on Reddington Blvd on Saturday, 2:00AM." she hung up, I walked over to Joker.

"You're really okay with this?"

"Even if I'm not, I'm going to have to anyways so I have more allies. I can't have Catwoman as an enemy, she is a complete bitch when you're not on good terms with her."

I sat on his lap. "The worst is Penguin."

He growled. "That bastard and I have been in an endless feud for the last several years. That cocky, flabby jackass thinks he is the king of Gotham."

"He's probably the only person I'd get excited over killing." I shrugged, he chuckled, pulling me closer to him. I ran my hands down his chest, sighing softly, gently kissing his neck. His hands rested on my thighs, placing his hands at the back of my legs as he pulled me closer.

"You are so pretty." he murmured.

"You're sexier, you know."

"I have something to ask you."

"And what's that?"

He sat me on the bed and got on one knee, taking out a small box, opening it to reveal a beautiful, huge diamond ring. I gasped.

"Will you marry me?" he asked, eyes serious.

"Yes!" I squealed, surprised, confused and excited.

Surprised and confused because I totally wasn't expecting him to propose to me ever, he didn't seem like the type to want a wife. Excited because I was ready to fully commit myself to him, to be his one and only until death.

He slipped the ring on my finger and rested his forehead on mine.

"You're so beautiful. I'm so lucky to have a fiancee like you, I love you so much." He licked the insides of his mouth before flashing me a grin.

My eyes softened. "I love it when you're all sweet."

An idea flashed into my head, and I smiled, grabbing a wooden box from the dresser. Jack raised his eyebrow. "What is that?"

"This is something I made for us. . . .We have our own lights." I opened the box. He smiled. The two, spherical green lights shined brightly in their places. "Since we have a microchip in us that keeps track of us via internet for both of us to know whether or not the other is safe, I changed it so it was less dangerous. It was too risky with the internet. I linked us to the lights in this box, and the internet information is no more. And now, our life status will be confidential with this box."

He raised an eyebrow. "How?"

"Well," I sighed. "The one on the left is mine, the one on the right is yours. If one of us passes away, that person's light will turn off."

He nodded. "That's a brilliant idea."

"Well, it's not like this box will be put to use." I set the box on the dresser. "We won't die."

He wrapped his arms around me from behind, I giggled.

"Because I won't let you die." he murmured into my ear, I shuddered in delight.

"Man, you're so loving today."

He smirked. "Don't get used to it." he softly teased.

I laughed. "You funny, funny man."

"Oh, I know I am."