10: Roses

There was something about the way that I woke up that was different than usual. My door was left slightly open, which nearly brought me to a panic until I remembered that the boys were all out on a mission, and Harley was probably with them, since she's usually the distraction. Meaning Joker, I mean Jack, throws her out and while they are arresting her, he gets away. And she doesn't mind. Sad, but true.

I sat up in my bed and sniffed the air. The smell was off. It didn't usually smell this good in a hideout full of sweaty men. 

I turned my head to the left and found the source of the lovely aroma. It was a bouquet of roses upon my dresser, which confused me. I cautiously inched my way towards it, expecting acid to squirt out of the flowers, since that's what Jack usually used flowers for. To hurt people.

I reached for them and curiously examined them, making sure they weren't harmful. Once I confirmed that they weren't, I smiled softly to myself and ran my fingers along their smooth, crimson petals, my fingers gently sliding down the stem, trying to find a thorn to prick my finger with to make sure this wasn't a dream. My finger caught on one and created a minor cut, blood dripping down my finger. I brought it to my mouth and licked it up.

There was a note on the bouquet so I opened it.

It read,

"Dearest Blaise,

                                     When you wake up, I'll be gone, but I'd like it if you would accompany to spy on Harvey Dent tonight. Call it a date if you must, I don't care, but wear your mask and you can take it off later.

See you later, dollface.

-J"

I chuckled to myself. He didn't know a thing about romance.

I stopped myself there, inspecting the bouquet.

Maybe he did know something about romance. Just not entirely sure how to get passed the sweet gift stage properly.

Oh, what am I thinking? He's not trying to be romantic! He could just be trying to be friendly.

I tied my hair up into a ponytail and closed my door, locking it and thinking about a way to improve my looks. I wanted to look great for him, because I knew for a fact that I liked this guy. He was actually very sweet, and I was so happy him and I could still be close, but with me actually being me!

I giggled softly to myself, thinking of all the things Jack and I could accomplish together. Man, we could be the next rulers of Gotham, everything in our possession. Wouldn't it be grand? 

I spun around happily, dancing to myself, humming a song I didn't quite remember the lyrics to. I took out my iPod to try to find it, but I stopped in my tracks when I noticed something different about my computer. I sat at my desk and examined it. My emails were open.

Funny, I don't remember logging onto my email account lately.

Nor do I remember leaving my computer on.

I frowned to myself and logged out, turning my computer off.

Maybe my memory was just really bad lately.

I turned to my closet and looked around for something to wear for tonight. I took out a big, grey baggy jacket, a blue t-shirt to wear underneath and baggy jeans. I couldn't wear sweats since it gave me a feminine behind, and though I did not mind at all having my curves showing, the world wasn't ready for the truth just yet.

I shrugged.

Just because I had to dress like a dude didn't mean a little makeup under the mask would hurt.

I bet Jack wouldn't mind, anyways.