4: The Robbery

As the stronger henchmen jumped into the van, I was already sitting in the main truck next to The Joker, who was playing with his gloves, snickering under his breath and muttering things I couldn't understand. Harley walked up to my door and gave me a glare, slamming her fist on the window. Joker looked up quickly, rolling down the window so she could speak her mind.

"Why don't I get to ride in the front seat with you, sweetie?"

He grinned. "Because," he licked the inside of his mouth, pausing. "Mouse here is my main man. He gets shotgun because he's the main player in this whole operation. Got it?"

Harley groaned loudly, then got into another van. I grinned, adjusting my mask. Harley was such a baby.

The car started, and for once Joker drove like a normal, law abiding citizen. He had to. We wouldn't drive recklessly or we would raise suspicion. 

"Mouse, you go in the back and review the plans over with the other guys." Joker ordered, I nodded and went to the back of the van though the small door we had connecting the front and the back of the van, and took out my explanation on the plan which I had written in paper the day before. I gave it to Snickers, the only henchman in the van who could read above a fifth grade level, besides me of course.

"So, Mouse says that Snickers, that's me, and Grades get the front door. We are to watch Wayne's little buttler, Alfred. Alfred will be easily distracted with bait, 'cause Eddy will call and pretend to be a renovator. 

Alfred will go to let him inside but Snickers and I will knock him out. While that is going on, Mouse will be monitoring Wayne to make sure he don't make no trouble. Alright? But if he does need help watching this dude, we got Curlz and Sweenie here to take him out, okay? So there are a total of eight cameras in the house. 

Loony, Wiltz and Doodad will all be in charge of shooting down the cameras, it may cause Wayne to wake up but we have silencers for the guns, it's just our jobs to catch the cameras so when 'dey fall 'dey don't make noise. We all good?"

All of the men nodded. I got back in the front seat with Joker, but by the time I sat back down, we had already parked.

"Alright, in position, boys."

I nodded, perching myself in the tree next to Wayne's bedroom window, nuzzling myself in the heart of the green spherical head of the tree. I was completely hidden, but I frowned when I noticed something. Wayne wasn't in the room.

I sent a text to Joker to inform him, who had Curlz and Sweenie on it, but he was no where to be seen. The men quickly took out the butler, and started to steal Wayne's things. I was so relieved. There would barely be any trouble. Everything was going according to plan, like it was supposed to. My phone went off, I opened it and read the message. It was from Joker. It read: Move your position to the back entrance, in case Wayne comes from the back of the house.

I replied saying I would do exactly that, but when I jumped out of the tree, I could barely see the back of the house, it was just too dark out to do so. Confused, I saw the dark sky had a weird outline in it, but then it hit me.

Batman was standing in front of me. He just blended in with the dark almost too well.

I backed up in surprise, as he took a hold of my arm. I took out my phone and called Curlz, then hung up. That was the signal that I was in trouble. I struggled out of Batman's grip, but it felt as if I had fractured my arm in the process. It felt like hours before help finally came.

Curlz came to me and held off Batman while I ran back to the van, where all of the henchmen waited, if Curlz wasn't back in three minutes we were leaving without him.

The three minutes were almost up, but Curlz came running to the closest van, but he was injured. His arm was deformed in several places, indicating his arm was dislocated and broken severely. He was lucky to still be conscious. Batman was known to knock people out.

Curlz got in and we sped off, making circles every now and then to lose whoever was following. When we got home and everything was put away, the mission was declared over, and everyone was excused, I put my head down and ran up to my room, waiting for Joker to walk in and kill me.