6: Secret Revealed

The sound of bullets woke me up, I sat up and looked around in a fidgety fashion trying to find out where the bullets were coming from, but relaxed a little bit when I figured out they weren't coming from inside the house. Still, I checked outside my room and found people scrambling to leave. Harley ran past my room and stopped, staring at me with a shocked expression.

"M-mouse?..." she questioned, I frowned for a moment, perplexed on why she seemed so freaked out, when I felt a cold chill run across my cheeks. My face was not covered.

My jaw dropped, she shook her head angrily. "There's pigs shootin' up the place, I'm supposed ta get all ya guys outta here, so hurry up an' get your shit togetha'!" she ran away, angrily.

I gathered all of my things and slipped my mask back on, running out to the vans. We had an emergency drill for these kinds of things. Get your shit together, go to the vehicles and don't wait up for anyone. Even if they're your friends. But don't leave without the Joker's main men.

I got into the main van and saw an enraged Harley in the front seat with Joker, who gave me a questioning look. I sunk into my seat when I realized Harley was not able to keep her fat mouth shut.

Joker said nothing to me the whole ride to the new location.

~*~

When we arrived, Joker took me by the arm and brought me to his room, all the newbie henchmen took my things and sat them in my new room since that was an average procedure, but I wonder if I'd even live long enough to see my things as it was.

Joker slammed the door shut and ripped off my mask. He examined my face, his eyes widened.

"Harley wasn't lying. Mouse, what the fuck?"

I sighed."I just knew what would happen to me if people found out I was a girl. . . ."

He backed up. "And you can talk, too? Damn."

"Look, I'm so sorry I lied!" I pleaded, eyes soft. "But here is the truth: My name is Blaise. I am in fact a female, but I know how to work in this business and I am perfectly capable of speaking."

Joker started to walk towards me with a glint in his eye. I backed up with each step he took. I continued to speak.

" I think that my identity being unknown will benefit you, because if the whole world thinks I'm a boy, the last person they're going to interrogate will be a girl."

He stopped walking, and I was thankful for that. I was two steps away from being pressed against the wall.

He was quiet for a moment, then grinned. He reached behind my head and yanked on my bun, letting my black hair free. I nervously flattened it down so it didn't look so ugly.

His grin became wider.

"My my, Mouse. You are quite a beautiful lady. You're still my best friend, I forgive you. Let's get some dinner tonight, hm? Me as Jack. You as Blaise. It'll be fun to get to know you better. Now run along, don't let the henchmen see your true identity. I like it being a secret. Bye!" he laughed, I put my hair back in a bun and readjusted my mask, and scrambled to my room. I locked the door and put all my clothes away, then looked for a dress.

I cannot believe I am still breathing.