2: An Average Day

"Mouse, you better know where the coordinates are for the next heist!" I heard my boss call out as he barged into my room, I quickly pulled my sweatshirt on and hunched my back so the outline of my breasts weren't apparent. I wasn't wearing the wrap that covered them, and I wasn't about to let him find out my secret.

I held up my hand, which had the paper with all the information on it with my little notes on how he should change up some of his ideas, which he examined and seemed to be pleased with.

"Mouse, you're great." he snickered, then walked out of my room, closing the door behind him. I let out a sigh of relief and locked the door, wrapping up my chest and then putting on a big black hoodie. I adjusted my mask, a clown mask with black around the eyes, the mouth held a neutral expression with red lining it. It was like all the other henchmen masks but mine was a little more normal. 

I tied my hair up into a tight bun at the bottom of my head, tucking it inside my turtleneck shirt underneath the jacket and putting my hoodie up. I was surprised no one realized how feminine my eyelashes were, but I always made sure to stay away from makeup, or to take it all off before I came back home on one of my days off. It was beneficial to be a girl pretending to be a guy. On my days off, the police look for a man. Not a woman. Mouse is known as a male to them, so finding a girl and accusing her of being Mouse would be out of the question.

Pleased with my boyish outfit, I walked out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen, where Harley was sitting on the counter, puffing her chest out while winking at Joker, who seemed to be avoiding her and eating his breakfast. It was french toast, my favorite breakfast dish.

"Ah, Mouse, there's more of this on the counter for you." Joker said, I turned my head to the counter and grimaced at Harley, sitting on the only counter visible to me. Ew, no thanks, I wanted none of that. I was thankful that no one could see my expression. Sensing it, Joker chuckled and motioned to the other free counter, where a plate of steaming french toast sat, I walked over to it and picked it up, spilling mounds of syrup on it. I turned my back to all of them, facing a corner, lifting my mask up just slightly above my lips and hungrily devoured my meal. Last night we had Burger King, and it made me sick so I threw up all of that last night. I was starving.

When I was finished, I fixed my mask and set the plate in the sink. The newbie henchmen's jobs were to wash the dishes.

"Mouse, you have such a nice butt." Harley mused, probably trying to make Joker jealous. I shuddered internally. I would never be interested in Harley. She didn't know that I knew about her past. Joker had told me about it, though. 

Harley had slept her way through school to be a Psychologist. That is exactly why she failed at the job and fell for the most insane man around. That's what happens when you go into a job that you barely worked for (From the Animated Series comic books).

She was actually really good at gymnastics, but instead of being smart and going down that type of road, she went down the one that she had no business in being around.

I don't want a girl who has slept with virtually anyone just to get a higher status. It disgusted me.

I just turned to her and stood there, not moving, it was my way of telling people to back off. Harley went quiet, Joker snickered under his breath.

"So. Mouse. Are you ready for the big heist tomorrow?" he questioned, taking a sip of his glass.

I nodded, and sat next to him.

"Good. Because you have the biggest task, and if you fuck up, we would face some pretty big consequences." he said, serious now. That really freaked me out. He was never serious.

Tomorrow's job really was a big deal.