12: Reaction

His body tensed against mine as my hungry lips attached to his shocked ones. The taste of his lips seemed awfully fresh and delightful for someone with such a hideous makeup style, which was secretly sexy to me anyways.

I pulled back, eyes wide in realization that I just kissed my boss. The very person who had believed I was a man not too long ago.

His expression nearly perfectly mirrored mine, which got closer to me as his lips crashed onto mine. I gasped lightly in surprise, wrapping my arms around his firm neck and running my fingers through his thin green locks. After a moment, we pulled away, and I couldn’t help but blush and grin at him.

He grinned and chuckled a high, mischievous chuckle, his dark orbs connecting with my own, making me almost question my own sanity. The way he looked at me overwhelmed me with emotions and left me stunned.

“That was quite the adventure.” he mused, licking the insides of his mouth, and I self consciously wiped the outsides of my own mouth, seeing his lipstick was more frighteningly messy than usual.

I looked back at my fingers to find smeared red upon them, and kept wiping until I was sure the only red on my face was the blush upon my cheeks.

“It was. . . .” I replied, looking up at him through my thick eyelashes. I leaned in and brushed a strand of hair out of his face, sure that if there wasn’t pasty white makeup covering his skin, he’d be as red as his lipstick.

The lack of light caught our attention and we turned to see that Dent had turned off his office light, and was making his way out of the building, brushing his hands through his blonde locks. He looked as if he had aged in the time span of five minutes, for the crinkles and creases on his face seemed more prominent and his hair seemed more out of place than what we usually saw on the television. I turned to Jack, who looked at me and grinned once more. 

“We can go home now.” he spoke, I grinned in delight at the thought of going home with me, but my face fell when I realized how easy I would appear if I let my dirty thoughts control my expression. I didn’t want him to think I did these kinds of things often.

“Alright,” I nodded slowly, putting my mask on. I looked down at our food and took my mask back off. “After we finish dinner.” I felt a surge of pride in me as he sat back down as well, obeying my command. Although it wasn’t a big thing that just happened, I was aware it happened and shocked that The Joker himself didn’t snap at me for giving him an order.

He sat down and pulled out two sandwiches, handing me one before situating himself in front of me. I opened the wrappings of the sandwich and took a bite, looking down at the meal curiously, since it was so good.

“Who made this?”

“Harley.” 

I nearly spit my food out, thinking she had spit into my food or something like that.

“Oh lord.” I muttered to myself, with my hand over my mouth since it was rude to talk while eating.

“Don’t worry, I told her they were all for me so she made them as perfect as possible.”

I giggled to myself, thinking of how funny it was that she didn’t protest to making four sandwiches. “She didn’t question the amount of food?”

He shrugged. “I lied and told her I was gonna get really high and I needed to cure my insane munchies.”

I looked at him, bewildered, but then laughed it off. He grinned and continued to eat, we stayed there until four a.m., talking as if we had known each other for forever.

And something in me ached when we finally got up, and went home.

I was assigned to another mission with him tomorrow, so I got into my bed and went to sleep, eager for the next bonding time with my boss.