26: Female

FUNFACT#1 EXPLANATION:

Okay so to answer the question, I said I liked The Dark Knight better than The Dark Knight Rises because, to sum it up, the characters were more like themselves in TDK. My favorite comic, previously stated in the last chapter, is about a realistic Joker. So pretty much Heath Ledger was spot on in the scarred Joker. The persona he had to achieve was spot on, he was given a type of Joker and gave it exactly how it needed to be portrayed. Brilliant acting. In history apparently, there are other times when Joker is described to have a Chelsea smile, so the director was not entirely crazy for making The Joker have this special feature to him, because it really is a different approach to the character we know and love. Also, Harvey Dent was originally scarred during the ‘Holiday’ case (The Long Halloween Trilogy has the tragic event in it), even though it was a different approach to Harvey with a different type of accident leading to the persona, Two Face, it still had part of the character in it. He was brilliantly casted.

In TDKR, Catwoman is, in my opinion, not fierce enough. There is a pattern in every fighting woman in comic books, and it is: feminism is powerful, independence is powerful. They are women and they are strong women, and they don’t let anyone forget that. Catwoman wasn’t her feisty self, she was more cautious, which is not how she is. She likes danger. She likes being on the edge, she is a very wild woman. Her body language was mostly correct. 

Bane’s character was different, but it was good. No problem with that.

 I do not appreciate how TDKR made Batman quit for ten years. Batman would never quit (unless you go with Batman: The Animated Series or certain comics that haven’t really been surfaced because of the fact that Batman is a stubborn, stubborn man and will never stand down ever, so the idea is just usually thrown out of the window). This man had brain surgery and went out fighting the next day, nothing will stop Batman, it was just kind of touchy for me how he quit so easily. 

Blake was a good character, not mad that they didn’t make him any of the original Robins (since there are over four different Robins in the comic books so it is highly likely for there to be anyone as Robin, even cops might eventually take the roll, you never know), thought that was a lovely approach, but overall, the Batman never quits, so it kind of irritated me. Alfred wouldn’t be making Batman stop being Batman, Alfred is usually just the chill Butler who goes along with everything, because he knows Bruce is a stubborn person. Breaks are overrated for him. It was a very good movie though, hands down, I just liked TDK better.

So yeah, sorry for that burst of....Batman history, carry on :]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Sweetie, this ‘ain’t the line of business you should be gettin yer pretty hands dirty over, ya know what I mean? You should be washin’ the dishes, er maybe fixing yer pretty hair up for when yer husband comes home and needs some frustration to take out on you. Men like somethin’ to hold on to.” This man thought he was so cute, flattering while insulting my gender. I laughed lightly, putting my face in front of his.

“Oh, you ignorant soul!” I gasped, then pulled out a knife, stroking it along this man’s greasy, large face. “You don’t know women because you’ve never had one. My boyfriend is really popular for being quite the dramatic criminal, for being a jerk to the citizens of Gotham, but not even he would dare say such stupid things to me.” I growled, licking my teeth gently, practically tasting his flesh bursting open, tasting the fear that ran through his veins.

This man was tied to a chair, as hard as it was for me to manage, he was a very large man but I took him down just by being swifter and a lot more clever than him. He had pissed me off while I was on the job, so I took him home to mess with.

His eyes widened. “Yer bluffin’.”

I laughed, then stood up straight, hand cupping the side of my mouth. “Oh, honey!” I shouted.

“Oh god, please no, please no!” the man screamed, squirming in his seat. I snickered.

“You fear my lover because he is a man? A woman doesn’t scare you? Well by the time this little charade is over, I’ll be your worst nightmare.” I laughed lightly, sitting down in front of him as Joker waltzed in.

“Yes, my darling?” he questioned, walking over with a little skip in his step and a knife in his hand. He looked at the man curiously. “You pissed off my pumpkin, I see,” he snickered at the man. “Your funeral!”

The man started to shake in his seat, sweating bullets.

“Joker, baby. Tell this man how making fun of my gender makes things so much worse.”

Jack laughed, walking over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. “A woman is a lot more dangerous, when you give her a reason to have rage.” he kissed my cheek. “This woman is fucking insane.”

I smiled at Jack, gently stroking his cheek. I turned to the man and smirked. “I’ll let you go, and you’ll learn to hold your tongue.”

“Why is he here, anyways?”

I sighed. “He asked me what I was doing outside of the kitchen, and asked me if I needed a man’s help to fix the van.”

Jack’s eyes darkened. “And you fixed it, right? Without his help?”

“Babe, I know my way around cars.”

“And this man still annoyed you?”

I shifted in my stance, turning from Jack, to the man, then back to Jack.

“Yeah.”

The man shook, whimpering.

“Shut up!” Jack shouted at the man, I flinched and backed up. He was angry.

“Baby?” I questioned softly, he turned to me and sighed.

“Sorry I scared you. I just. . . . Don’t like it when people underestimate my woman.” he slashed off the man’s rope, cutting the man’s hand in the process. The man barely even noticed, just got up and ran as fast as he could. I sighed, looking over at Jack.

“You can’t always be trying to protect me like that.” I looked down at my feet.

“I just don’t like it when people treat you like dirt,” he sighed. “A woman deserves respect.”

“I’m tired of people thinking I’m not something because I’m a chick.”

He thought for a moment, then sighed.

“What’s on your mind?” I questioned, turning to him.

“I need Mouse to do a job.”

“Really?”

“I need you to lure Poison Ivy into the warehouse.”

I blinked, then laughed. “Babe, I don’t know how to flirt like a guy does besides, ‘ey girl, that’s a fine caboose you got there!’ or ‘you are fineeeeeeee!’” 

He raised an eyebrow at my stereotypical pickup phrases, smirking at me, I giggled and sat down on the chair the hostage was on. 

“Well, doll, all you have to do is act like you’re better than her, she’s a woman who likes control, so if she thinks you’re a man that has no interest, she’ll come running along.”

“I don’t think she even has a gender preference! She made Catwoman obey to her commands before!”

He shrugged. “I don’t want you going out as Hush. She’ll kill you.”

I sighed. “Fine. Whatever you say. . . .”