19: Cons of Being Yourself

"Is there a reason why there is a tramp in the room next to Mouse's?!" I heard a shriek from down the hall. I groaned. I guess Harley found a way out. Wow. I also guessed she didn't recognize me, but then again, she had only seen my face once, and I looked completely different now that I was able to wear makeup and do my hair nicely. 

I sat up and reached around for my mask, until I remembered I didn't need it anymore.

"Mouse left for a while to clear his name so he can be of use to me later, I needed a right hand man so I hired a dependable girl! Now get out, dammit, I was sleeping!" I heard Jack's rough voice scream, and I flinched. He never used that tone towards me, even when I was Mouse.

"But. . . But I'm dependable! What about me, sweetie?" she whimpered. God, I really wish I had a bat right now.

"Get out."

"No! Not until you-AH!" the sound of a vase hitting the wall caught my full attention. He had thrown a fucking lamp to get her to leave? Wow. Note to self: Never cut in to Jack's sleep time. He rarely sleeps as it is.

"Get OUT!" 

She ran out, and ran right into my room. "You little. . . . . Home-wrecker!" she screeched angrily. I was surprised she really didn't notice the fact that I was the same girl as Mouse.

I smirked darkly. "Joker wouldn't appreciate you cutting into my sleep time."

"Bitch, I'll cut into YOU!" she shrieked, but before she could get close to me, a hand reached in the room and grabbed her by the back of the neck. The owner of the gloved hand walked in, glowering at Harley with dark eyes.

Jack.

He didn't look well, he looked as if he was ill.

"Do not push me, Harley." he growled, then looked at me. "You too. Don't." he trudged out of his room. My eyes widened in surprise.

He must not feel well at all.

I went downstairs, hearing whistles as I passed the guys, and rolled my eyes. I miss being Mouse, where I didn't get all the attention.

I started to make Pancakes for Jack, whistling to myself as I also cooked eggs and bacon. When I was done with the pancakes, I set the pan to the side to make room for the egg and bacon pan. When I was done with the eggs, I put them on the plate with Jack's pancakes, letting the pan sit to the side too. It still had steaming grease in it, so I wanted to be careful with that.

I was almost done with the bacon when I felt something slide down my backside. I jumped a little, turning to see one of the new henchmen. He was a very large fellow, with a yellow smile and terribly done tattoos running down his arms. Annoyed, I back kicked him, causing him to slam against the fridge. I continued to cook, tense now.

"Aw come on sweetie, don't play me like that. I know you want me." he spoke with a voice that disgusted me, it nearly sent shivers down my back. Repulsed, I didn't reply. 

I heard him start to walk towards me.

"Do not touch me." I seethed every word loudly, venom dripping off of every word.

He started sliding his hand around my waist, up to my chest.

I quickly grabbed the egg pan and flung it at him, hot grease spilling along his face. He screamed in agony, I shoved him back and smacked him in the face with the bottom of the pan.

Jack had told me to watch out. That man had been charged with rape so many times it was unbelievable.

Jack rushed in the room angrily, then looked at the scene before him. He wasn't an idiot. He knew the goon had tried to pull something.