2. The New Job

Two annoying and hell-living months later.

Minhyun's POV

Took the fork and placed it in my bowl of fruits. They suddenly became my best friends the moment I went homeless. What did a seventeen year old girl know about working? No restaurant wanted me to work for them or coffee shop either. Like I predicted,no one in the world wanted me.

"I keep telling you to eat food but you keep stuffing yourself with fruits. Look at how lean you've become Song Minhyun. What do I even do with you?" Soojin yelled placing a lunch box on the table. "That is your dinner for tonight. I'll prepare another one and bring you breakfast tomorrow morning" she sat down with tears almost coming out of my eyes.

"G-gomawo S-Soojin-ah" my voice broke cause I was fighting back tears. I didn't want them to spill in front of her.

"Neo you aren't crying again are you?"

"Ani. Ani. I'm not" I quickly wiped my eyes and dropped the fork. I didn't want her pitying me,she had done enough for me already.

"Nan Chingu Minhyun,you've come too far to give up. Chaebal don't give up Arraseo?"  I nodded as a tear fell unto my fruit. She took my hand and placed it in hers. "You won't think about this anymore when you finally make it big in life. Just study and work hard. You wrote an exam into HUNMIN university right? So koktchongma, all these will pass away. Uljimanayo!". I nodded as she cleaned my eyes with her handkerchief and sat with me while we talked about how boring our graduation ceremony went.

I was thankful that I still had a friend like Soojin who was caring and kind.

***************************************

"Jinja?....Ah Nee..Arraseo. I'll be there" she ended the call and look at me. "That was Woobin"

"Geuraesso?" I answered as she pouted and played with the hem of my sleeve. "He wants to see me and I don't want to see him but you know he has a bit of a temper"