Chapter 27

This one's really short.

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. The curtains were white, and there was bright blinding lights above me which made me realize I was in a hospital. I was hooked up to several different machines, and there was a huge pain in my side.

"Claire?" A pained voice said from next to me. When I looked over there was Jordan. His eyes were red and puffy, he had bags hanging under them, and his hair was all over the place.

"J-Jordan? What are you doing here?" I croaked out before groaning in pain.

He moved forward and grabbed my hand tightly, "Fuck I'm so sorry Claire. I was wasted at the APMA's and I was the reason you ran off. I fucking promised I'd take care of you while we were here, and I've done a shit job of that. I'm so so sorry."

I squeezed his hand to get his attention, "Jordan its fine. Some of it was me pushing you away."

"She's awake," I glanced at the door to see Ben standing there with a coffee looking tired as ever. He sat the coffee on the table next to me before giving me a tight hug, "I was so worried about you. If I see that asshole I swear I'm going to kill-"

Jordan shot him a look causing him to go silent, "How long have I been here?"

"Only for the night. I skipped the meet up today to be here," Jordan whispered the last part hoping I wouldn't hear it.

"You what?!" My eyes were wide. He gave up his fans to stay in the hospital with me.

The aussie stayed silent and I turned to Ben, "Don't tell me you skipped your set."

He chuckled and put his hands up, "No, no I'm going on last tonight so I don't have to be back for another four hours or so.

I nod and begin thinking about everything that has happened, "W-where's Vic?" Both boys stiffened at my question and stayed silent, "Guys?"

"I um.. I'm going to go notify the doctor that she's awake..." Ben said to Jordan before making his way out of the room.

"Jordan?"

He looked down at his hands quietly before looking me in the eyes, "Vic um, he thinks you're dead..."

---

I was alone again. Jordan and Ben had left saying they'd be back later to pick me up and bring me back before everyone rolled out. My mind was stuck on what Jordan had told me earlier. Vic thinks I'm dead.

Just thinking about that makes me shiver. What if I was dead? Would things be better off for everyone?

I glance to my right to find my shattered phone sitting there. I wonder if it still works...

My hand shakily grabbed it and hit the home button. The screen lit up and notifications were lined up. I typed my password in and clicked on the twitter app to see many rest in peace tweets being sent to my account. When did people even follow me?

I typed in Vic's user and read through his latest tweets.

2h:

@PierceTheVic: Thank you for the extra love today Ohio! You were beautiful.

Attached was a picture of fans holding up signs saying 'Stay Strong Vic'. I bit my lip and sighed reading on.

18 h:

@PierceTheVic: It's not her time.

@PierceTheVic: Bring her back or take me with her.

@PierceTheVic: God you vulture.

A frown formed on my face at this. I don't remember anything that happened after Jackson shoved me to the floor. Instead of tweeting that I was okay I just exited out of the app and pulled up my contacts.

Maybe it's best if I don't tell Vic. He can move on from me and have a better life. Someone knocked on the door which pulled me out of my thoughts, "Hey are you ready?"

"I-I'm not going back," Jordan's expression dropped at my words.

"What do you mean you're not coming back? You have to come back Claire! You have go see Vic. He's a fucking wreck," The dark haired boy was frantic.

I shook my head, "Vic thinks I'm dead. It's a good thing. Jordan you and I both know I don't fit in with this. I need to start living my own life instead of other peoples."

He shook his head, "Claire you don't understand. Vic is-"

"Vic is better off without me Jordan," I paused and looked away from the pained boy, "and so are you."

His jaw noticeably dropped at my comment, "What the hell Claire?!"

I winched at his raised voice but took a deep breath, "Jordan, I need you to leave. Don't tell anyone I'm alive and tell Ben I'll talk to him about everything soon."

He stood there in shock for a second before dropping my bag on the floor and walking out of the room, "Bye."

I pulled my phone back up to the contact before hitting the call button. It rang a couple of seconds before a familiar voice picked up.

"C-Claire?"

"Tone I need a huge favor," I said in barely a whisper.

Once again, I'm sorry...

Comment & Vote <3