Chapter 37

My head was pounding due to the complaints from the guys about the hike we had to endure before getting to the rafting area. Even now that we were here the complaints wouldn't stop, and I was half tempted to throw something at the next person to make a sound.

"You know," Ben started to say as he made his way to my side, "I'm shocked you actually agreed to come along."

I shrugged at his comment before stopping dead in my tracks at the sight in front of me. Vic was helping Melanie into a raft and I felt like I was going to be sick at the sight. Why is he with his ex now? Last time I checked we were together now... Or was he just saying that? Maybe I'm going crazy.

"Claire?" I jolted at the Ben's sudden voice. He stood in the raft holding a hand out for me to join the group, which I gladly accepted. I quickly threw on the helmet and life vest Patty had given me when I got in, "I know what's going through your head. Just ignore it okay?"

Honestly I still don't know if I can trust Ben still or not, but out of everyone here I've known him the longest. I haven't had the guts to talk to him about Vic knowing yet, and I don't even know if I want to ask anymore.

"I'll do my best. Today is meant for fun, so let's just have some fun."

---

I took another swig of my scotch while binge watching some random show on Netflix, "Wow you fucking idiot go after her!"

Just then the back door was slammed open and a sober Vic Fuentes stood angrily in the doorway, "Claire what are you doing?"

"Watching Netflix, what does it look like Vicky?" I questioned taking another sip from the bottle. You see it's probably best for me to just ignore the problems and get through these last couple of tour dates so I can finally go home to my normal life.

"No I mean why are you sitting here drinking yourself to death?" Vic asked snatching the bottle from my hands and placing it on the counter behind him.

I shot the dark haired boy a glare and waved him away, "Just go back to your little girlfriend because it's obviously not me."

"Claire." Vic said my name as if warning me to shut up but instead I got to my feet staggering my way in front of him only to fall into his arms, "You need to go to sleep."

"No," I quickly regained my balance and got in his face, "Vic ever since I got back you've ignored me and I don't appreciate it."

"You always seem to be sneaking off so how am I supposed to spend time with you? Where the hell have you been going everyday anyways?" His voice raised and in that moment I was glad we were the only people on the bus at the moment.

"Maybe because I'm trying to get some answers Vic!" I screamed and took in a deep breath to calm myself, "Someone fucking told you that I was still alive when I didn't want you to know and I'm trying to figure out who told you."

"Are you really that naive?" He scoffed, "Claire the answer has been right in front of your face since you got back."

I shot the boy a confused look, "What the hell are you talking about Vic?"

"I saw you with All Time Low at Disney Claire!" He was fuming now, "I fucking went to San Diego for the day to visit my mom and Melanie and I went together!"

Instead of staying on topic I decided to change it, "Oh so I die and you automatically go back to your crying ex-girlfriend? Wow that makes me feel so much better Vic. You definitely loved me..."

"You're unbelievable!" He ran his hand frustratedly through his hair, "You almost had sex with my best friend and you're getting on my ass about going out with my ex. Claire she's with someone else now!"