Chapter 12

So basically, there are characters in this chapter that none of you know, but you WILL know. See, I'm working on a triple project (which is why it takes forever to update, and I deeply apologize). The first project is this book. The second is something you will see in the near future, I will promise that (because I'm nice Lovesme). The third, however, is that I am rewriting Task Force. Editing is grueling. So I added a new chapter, but I'm not releasing it until I am finished (S-O-R-R-Y). There is a character that Sloane knows and was best friends with Sloane before she got moved to the  'elite' group (aka Task Force 3412). I'm very sure you can identify the character. If you cant... wow. 

 Chapter 12

“Alright!” Aaron shouted, causing all of us to lurch out of bed. Cold filled my joints and the pain from the too-soon healed headache reminded me that I had to take it easy. I threw on my jacket and ran into the living room.

As the crew filled the room, Aaron carried in a massive armored box, a grim smile covering his face. Liam grabbed the second handle and helped him set it down. His eyes caught mine and I rolled my eyes. Suck up.

“So it seems we've been a bit lazy the past week,” Aaron started. So many retorts filled my head, but I figured I was in deep enough water. Everyone remained silent, so he continued. “Now that we're all healed up and Command has their shit together, we've got a proper mission. Last night, a majority of the Casove military base near Moscow was attacked and many of their men were kidnapped or killed.”

His gaze fell on me, but I managed to hold my tongue. “We're going their to meet Commander Paulsen and kick some Russian ass.” Aaron nodded to Liam and Blake. Both eagerly opened the box, and I caught a glimpse of my Vector. Even though I managed my straight face, I was doing a jig inside.

@!@

The motorcycle's engines roared to life. Hell to the freaking Y-E-S! I thought, kicking the brake from underneath and speeding into the traffic. I heard Gunner and Blake's bikes starting up, plus the HumVee the others were riding in.

My inner speed demon was trying to keep away from another concussion as we rode to Casove, but I was just exploding in happiness with the thought that I'd get down and dirty and killing some of the H-I's. I felt the smile on my face. It wouldn't go away.

“Aaron,” Gunner yelled through the new microphone's we'd been given. “What exactly is the plan?”

Gunner. I thought, rolling my eyes. “You, Sloane, Liam, and Blake are going to flood the base as we cause a distraction. Get the captives out alive best you can, then we're going to Harrier the place to the ground.” Aaron explained.

I frowned. “Command's actually going to let us do that?” I asked, slowing down. Gunner passed me, but I was focused on what Aaron had to say.

“Last night Tyson asked if we could go to war with Russia. He didn't get the news of Casove, so technically Russia attacked first.” Aaron claimed. “So if we bomb them to the ground, the war will start and we'll all be happy.”

His sarcasm was so thick you couldn't have cut through it with a knife. Blake snorted through the microphone and the conversation ended.

Finally, I saw the Casove mile marker and turned abruptly. The base popped into view rather quickly. A sudden burst of cold shot through my veins and my stomach flopped. Something was about to go down. Even I could feel it in my body.

I parked my motorcycle as I entered the base. Gunner had already parked and two young boys were holding their hands out for his keys. Suddenly, another pair of boys ran up to me and held their hands out. “We'll take care of it.” The taller one said, smiling softly.