15 Missed Calls

-Skyler-

It's been a few weeks since me and Luke started hanging out. We have been spending a lot of time together lately and it's really been so much fun. Something just isn't the same though. We've kissed a few times but every time our lips touch, images of Calum pop into my head. Not even that ice cold lip ring of his can distract me from that tattoo clad tanned skin boy I can't seem to get off my mind.

I felt guilty for leading Luke on, but I also was too selfish to let someone who I have really loved spending time with go just like that.

"This movie is to say the least, deathly boring" Luke complains with me laying next to him.

"Oh my gosh, Lukey! This is The Fault In Our Stars, my absolute favorite book and you are not ruining this movie for me!"

"Yeah, yeah. It's just so sad!"

"Ugh, well some movies are actually realistic they don't all have a happy ending."

I kiss him on the cheek and hop off his lap to go grab a drink from the kitchen.

I peek at my phone sitting on the counter.

15 Missed Calls From Calum Hood

Meg walks into the living room and changes the channel immediately.

"Sorry guys but this movie is way too depressing." she says.

"Thank you!" Luke sighs in appreciation.

"Um guys, I'm just going to call my uh mom back, be back in a sec!" I shout from the kitchen.

I lock myself in my bedroom and slide down to my knees, preparing myself to hear his voice again.

"Sky? Is that you?"

"Um, yeah Calum. What do you want?"

"Are you dating Luke?"

"Who told you?"

"So you are fucking my best friend!" he screams, completely abandoning his cool demeanor from a moment ago.

"Oh my god! No Calum! I'm not."

"You're dating Luke behind my back! Neither of you even thought I should know?"

"I thought he told you."

"Well he didn't and you definitely did not." he shouts back.

"It's not like we're exactly talking."

Even angry, Calum still makes my heart do flips, just talking to him.

"So what he was okay with taking you away from me like that? Does he know we basically had sex? He knows how much I like you!"

"Stop! Calum, you let me go. You hurt me! Don't act like you suddenly care now or you own me. I see you all over the internet with these nasty girls all over you. So why do you even care about me ?"

I want to give in and just run right back to him, but I try my best to put up a strong front.

"My best friend is lying to me and you, well you're just gone now! Are you with him? Tell him to leave. I'm coming over."

"No you're not, okay? Just leave me alone. You can't just act like you want me now that you know I'm taken. Leave me alone Calum!"

I hang up before he can say another word.

I rush out to the living room to tell Luke about what just happened.

"What's going on?!" I shout.

Meg is straddled on Luke, lips locked and all. They quickly separate and gather themselves, but it's too late. They have already been caught.

"Sky! I'm so sorry! It was just.." Meg says through her tears.

"Skyler! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-" Luke tries saying before I cut him off.

"It's fine."

"What?" they both say at once.

"Luke, I love hanging out with you, really. I just don't feel like romantically connected with you. I'm sorry."

The truth is that I haven't felt like I have for Calum about Luke even once. I always just felt like we were close friends. I'm also not dumb enough to not notice the obvious spark between my two friends.

"The truth is I feel the same. Like I don't want to stop hanging out with you but I realized I'm like falling for Meg." he says to me but looking at Meg to see her reaction.

Ugh, lovey dovey eyes from both of them now.

"Guys, please. Just cause I don't want to date Luke doesn't mean I want to see you guys all in love or whatever!" I tease.

"Friends, Skyler?" Luke says as he puts out his hand for a shake.

"The best of friends!" I agree.

The rest of the night me and Luke talk about how we didn't want to hurt each other but the truth is that we both knew we were just meant to be friends.

I also tell him all about my feelings for Calum.