Fresh Air

-Calum-

Out of all places, I can't believe she's here. I was just trying to erase her from my memory, but there she is. Standing tall in that all white dress and high heels, her long brown hair loosely curled. She was smiling...until she saw me.

I can't believe the boys dragged me out tonight.

Luke: Come on, Calum. You need a night out
           with your mates to cheer up a bit!
Me: I already told you I just want to stay in and
        order a pizza or something. I'm tired.
Ash: Always the same excuse! We gotta get out
          there and have a good time. Calum, it's
          our first summer in LA, lets not waste it
           laying in bed all day... and night.
Mikey: We hate seeing you like this. I know you
              don't want to talk about what's been
               bothering you but we don't know what
               else to do. Let's just go out, get drunk,
               meet some girls, and pull out some 
               awesome dance moves, yeah?

Guess that last bit from Mikey got me to come out. Besides really wanting to get drunk and forget about everything, I hate bringing down my mates like that. I don't want them to worry about me.

Now I'm here, watching her ignore me and dance all over that guy. I'm just sitting here and I can't take my eyes off her.

"Hey Calum, wanna stop eye fucking that girl over there or what?" Michael screamed to me over the music.

"That's the girl I was telling you about. The one from the sushi place and the one I took on that date."

"Ohhh. That's her. What happened with that? You were so excited to go out with her then you went back to being grumpy Calum after your date." Mikey says. 

"Yeah. Nothing. I'm just gonna get some fresh air."