Another Date Then

-Skyler-

Luke offered me to go over to his place to watch a movie after we finished dinner but I couldn't get myself to say yes.

As sweet and funny as Luke has been all night, I couldn't take my mind off of Calum. I knew it was wrong and I needed to tell Luke, but I really did like hanging out with Luke and didn't want to hurt him.

"You okay, Skyler" he asked on the drive home, taking my hand in his.

"There's something I need to tell you Luke."

"Oh okay. Listen, don't worry about hurting my feelings or whatever. I get it."

"No, no, no it's not like that! It's just like, before I met you, I kind of went on a date with Calum. I'm so sorry! I wasn't sure if you knew but that's why I tried saying no before. I've had a really good night though Luke, I'm so sorry." I blurt out quickly.

"Oh, so you're the one he's been talking about?"

"Um, I'm not sure. I guess you probably hate me."

"What? Skyler, look at me" Luke says then grabs my cheeks between his hands. "I had a really fun time tonight and I like you. I'd like to take you out on another date if you'll let me?"

Wow. How easily I could become a Luke's girl.

"Luke, I don't know. How would Cal feel about that?"

I really did like Luke, but my mind was still revolving around Calum.

"I mean, he was dumb enough to let you go but if you still have feelings for him, I get it" Luke says with a small, nearly undetectable frown.

"Okay. Another date then." I agree.