niall and liam: Keep your hand down

“How many of you are single?” asked the interviewer, and the boys refrained from rolling their eyes as the question kept getting asked and the amount of hands being raised always faltered between 1 and 4. 

“I’m not single,” Louis said, feeling he’d made that statement enough.

“I’m not single,” Zayn repeated.

“I’m uh, I’m single,” Harry stammered, not really knowing which statement would piss off which side of the fandom more. 

“I’m not…I’m single,” Liam said, thinking for a second. Niall looked at him, confused, before raising his own hand.

“I’m still single.”

The crowd screamed, and he smiled politely at them.

“Niall, you seem to always be single. Never linked to anyone,” mentioned the interviewer, and he blushed.

“Is that bad?” he asked, with a chuckle.

“Well, I guess Demi doesn’t know what she’s missing out on,” joked the interviewer, and Niall shrugged.

“She really doesn’t,” Liam commented. Niall looked up, smiling at Liam.

——————————————————————————————————-

“Does Danielle know you’re single?” Louis asked at lunch, and Liam looked away, uncomfortably. “Why did you say you were single in that interview? I thought you two were back together.”

“We were just spending some time together again,” he mumbled, playing with his chips. Niall slid in the booth sitting beside Harry and Zayn. 

“You ordered without me?” he pouted, and Liam shook his head, sliding over a plate with all of Niall Horan favorites. 

“I ordered for you,” he said, smiling, and the other three boys looked at each other, understandingly. 

“Niall,” Harry started. “What do you think of Danielle?” he asked.

“She’s a nice girl,” he answered, confused.

“Nice enough to date Liam again?” Zayn brought up, glancing over to Liam, who sat wanting this conversation to end right now.

Niall shrugged, occupied with his burger. “It’s his decision, I guess,” he mumbled, while eating. Liam scoffed, hating Niall’s table manners sometimes, and leaned over the table, wiping some stray sauce off the corner of Niall’s mouth.

Harry looked away, grinning like a dumbass, and Zayn stifled a giggle. Louis rolled his eyes, hating when he had to be mature. “The lads and I are going to go the Lego Museum,” he said, reverting back to his childish tendencies. “El’s out with the girls shopping or whatever they hell do,” he added. “You and Niall wanna come?”

Liam shrugged. “I don’t know. Niall? What about you?”

Niall shrugged, thinking about it for a moment before glancing at the other boys. “You can.”

“But I want to know if you want to.”

“No.”

“Then I’ll stay back at the hotel with you,” he said.

“I’m fine by myself,” he mumbled, used to being left alone by now. 

“We could do a twit cam or something?”

Niall set his burger down, wondering why Liam was being so clingy. Louis, Harry, and Zayn took that as their cue to leave, and quickly slipped out of their booth seats, patting Niall and Liam on the back. “Meet you back at the hotel.”