Niall and Harry: Everything **Sequal to Nothing**

Niall’s toes lined with the edge of the building. Just like the year previous, the wind whipped across his face. He was more prepared this time; he wore a thicker coat. He stuffed his gloved hands into his pockets. He stared down at the sidewalk. He sighed. He couldn’t believe he was here again.

They weren’t staying at the same hotel, and it was just coincidence that they were even in the same city. He had spent hours walking absently-mindedly around the hotel across town, his skin tingling. He had to go.

He left a Harry a note.

Niall jumped as the door burst open. It hit the wall hard and bounced back, smacking Harry in the shoulder as he walked through.

“Niall!”

“Harry, you scared the shit —” Niall said.

“Niall, what did I do? Whatever it is, I’m sorry. I’m sor—“

“No, no, baby, no,” Niall said. He stepped down from the ledge and took three large steps toward the younger man. He pulled him into his arms. “You didn’t do anything, sweetie. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.”

“Oh, my God, I was so scared,” Harry said. He cried onto Niall’s shoulder as he grasped him, his nails digging into his back. He balled a fist and banged it against his back. “Don’t fucking do that, Niall!”

“I’m so sorry,” Niall said. “I didn’t even think.”

“I thought I had…I didn’t know…”

“Harry, calm down,” Niall said. He pulled away and wiped the tears from Harry’s face. He kissed his lips gently. “You didn’t do anything wrong. This was my fault. I should have been more clear.”

“You think?” Harry said now sounding bitter.

“I felt like I couldn’t not come here,” Niall said. He pulled away from Harry and walked back to the edge. He glanced over. “It’s been a year. And we’re here. I needed to come.”

“Why? Why do you want to remember that?” Harry asked. He walked over to him and wrapped his arms around his waist. He squeezed tight and pulled him back another step as if he was scared he would jump at any moment. Niall rested his hand over Harry’s and leaned back into the embrace.

“Don’t worry,” he said. “I’m not going anywhere.” Harry kissed his neck. “It was a bad night. It was a hard few months after that, but we’re so much better now, Harry. We’re so much better.”

“I know, but I still…” Harry said. “I don’t like thinking about it. Seeing you there, so ready to…I can’t. I don’t want to.”

“I know,” Niall said. “But it happened. We can’t pretend it didn’t.”

“I don’t want pretend it didn’t…” he started. “I just don’t…ever want to be here again, in this hotel, on this roof. It feels like I’m reliving it. I don’t—I can’t, Niall. It was the worst night of my life.”

“It wasn’t a picnic for me either, Haz,” Niall said quietly.

“I know. I’m sorry…you’re just a lot stronger than me,” Harry said. “Especially about this. You’ve always been able to talk about it. You know we had to be in therapy for months before I could really talk about it.”

“Well, it happen, Har,” Niall said. “I can’t pretend it didn’t.”

They stood there. Harry’s arms wrapped tight around Niall’s waist. Niall’s hands firmly on top of Harry’s. It was so much different than last year. Months of therapy, individual and couples, along with an open honest relationship had changed the two of them. They were happy. Genuinely happy in a way that Niall hadn’t thought would be possible.