Epilogue

Dedicated to phatman578 for sticking to this story! I really appreciate it!

Unknown POV

I watched as the blonde sat down and conversed with her newfound friends. She seemed happy and so did they. It absolutely disgusted me. All it would take was a small snap of my fingers to make her life unbearable, but I had more foresight than that.

Unfortunately, so did the Supreme.

I felt her enter my mind as I observed the events unfolding. She acknowledged my abilities before shifting our attention to a barren desert. In the distance I saw a streak of red charging forward. It took me a few moments to realize that it was a person. My face scrunched in disgust when I realized the person was absolutely naked - not a thread of clothing was on the woman.

I tried to divert my eyes, but the Supreme did not let me. She forced me to watch as every part of this woman's body moved about without restriction. But as she got closer, I realized there was a pack of wolves chasing her.

Maybe the Supreme was starting to lose her mind. Her last choice had been a girl who was clearly unwilling to fight - borderline a pacifist and this woman was clearly insane as she ran from wolves on her bare feet without any fear whatsoever. The Supreme was definitely slipping in her mental capacities.

I felt a wave of sharp pain ripple in my head and thrash through my body.

Watch, the Supreme said. I was the only person in the world that could take what the Supreme had just dished out, and I knew it was only a fraction of what she could have done. Not wanting this to escalate and miss my opportunity to see what was in the Supreme's head I turned my attention back to the woman who was beginning to look much different.

Fur was starting to sprout in her arms as she ran. Her face began to protrude and her nose turned from pale to black. The wild red hair on her head began to shrink and turn to a dull grey. A tail burst forth from her rear end and the wolves behind her began to catch up to her as she dropped to all fours.

I blinked in disbelief. Maybe I had been wrong about the Supreme. This woman's power could be very useful. I already had one person in my grasp.

She is not so easy to manipulate, the Supreme chastised.

Easy enough for you, I snapped back.

This one does what she wants as she pleases. She feels no obligation or responsibility unlike most of the others.

I leaned back in my seat and tapped my fingers together. We would see about that. We would definitely see.

A/N

That is it for this one! I know the last chapter was short, but the one before that was long and I literally couldn't think of anything else to write so that's what that was about.

And as for the Epilogue, I've been trying to hint at it for a while now, but now it should be pretty obvious that the next book will focus on another character.

This wasn't a rash decision on my part. Initially every book was going to be narratated, by Daisy Lynn, but then I started reading Animorphs again way back in like May and then I got an idea and I started writing it down, but as I wrote it the character I came up with fit right into the world of the Unknowns. I tried picturing her in a completely different series, but it just didn't feel right to me, so I'm sticking with it. I did do some reading about changing narrators for each book, and although it was somewhere between neutral and slightly negative, it really depended on the reader, the writer and the story itself and every piece of advice I read pretty much said write what's in your heart. So that's what I'm gonna do. That takes precedence over everything.

I've decided that I will do a rotating narrator/protagonist instead of just switching narrators each book to never return to their point of view every again.. Minimum of three, a possibility of four just depending on how the story goes. This way if Daisy Lynn is your favorite you'll still get to see her POV and if the new character(s) is your favorite you'll get to enjoy that too (that was the biggest complaint about switching narrators so instead I will rotate to try to lessen it). When I am ready I will post a small excerpt from the next book, and eventually post the book itself to get the ball rolling.

In the meantime, my main goal is to finish my outline for nanowrimo. I am one third of the way through it and want to get that finished before school starts too, but I will see. 

And if you're wondering who is narrating the Epilogue you'll find out...eventually 

Also while you're waiting for the next book to be posted I have been posting another story called the Queen of Hearts. The chapters are intentionally short and it will be a short story, but if you like vampires and you like how I write then you should enjoy it. I don't really have any goals/purpose for it so it doesn't take as much dedication and concentration to write it. I'm using it to practice for my nanowrimo story which will be written in third person and I want it to have the same tone as the Queen of Hearts (to an extent) as well.

That's all. Thanks for reading this story!