Chapter 25

Myra's POV

"How long is it going to take us?" I asked as we hopped in the truck. Jason and Hunter sat up front and I got in the back.

"Probably two or three days," Hunter responded.

That was two days too long in my book.

"We won't be able to stay in the truck the entire time. Eventually the Scouts and Enforcers will catch up to us. I'm not so worried about the former, but the latter will definitely be an issue," Jason said.

Hunter nodded in agreement.

"I can prevent myself from being tracked and I'm pretty good at keeping another person under my umbrella. If I extended it to two people it wouldn't nearly be as effective. We will be able to fight back much better if we aren't confined to this vehicle," he said.

I hated that we had to run from these people. They weren't helping. They would make the situation worse. Enforcers didn't really care about keeping things in check. No, they cared about being in power. They wished that they could be sitting in one of the Court chairs that would had down the harshest of judgements. They wished that they were The Supreme.

The more I thought about her the more I hated her with a passion. She was nothing more than a manipulative control-freak. She had an entire army of Unknowns at her beck and call. I blamed her just as much as I blamed the Enforcers and Scouts.

If anyone got in my way or tried to push me around I'd ensure that they died.

"Do you think we'll be able to stay far enough ahead of them that we can get Daisy Lynn and still save our own asses?" I asked.

Jason didn't respond. Hunter shrugged.

"I have a friend that can help us out. We're going to pick him up along the way. Between the four of us it should be possible," Hunter said.

"Who's your friend?" I asked.

"His name is Guilherme. He has the gift of speed. I believe that you're acquainted with his younger cousin, Jake."

Jake from Daisy Lynn's school. Jake who was insanely strong. 

"Guilherme," I said, the name rolling off of my tongue.

"That's Portuguese," I said.

"That was quick. You speak Portuguese?" Hunter asked. I nodded.

"I grew up in Aruba until I was about twelve. There were several languages we spoke there. French and Portuguese were more secondary in nature compared to the rest, but they were still well spoken," I said.

"It's always good to know another language. You never know when it will come in handy," Hunter said to me in Portuguese. I grinned at him.