Part Two-Chapter one: Life at the Burrow

Start from the beginning

“I’ll have the boys bring your things from Ginny’s room up when they get home later, okay?” Molly asked. Alison nodded her head and sat down on the bed, running her fingers over the soft bedspread. Molly left the room beaming and her spot in the door frame was replaced by May-Bell.

“What do you think May-Bell? Like our new home?” Alison asked. May-Bell meowed in response and lay down on the wooden floor, rolling over to reveal her stomach.  

“Do you often talk to your cat?” A familiar voice asked from the landing. Alison looked up with a smile to see George leaning easily in the door frame, “Only when I’m going insane.” She admitted offhandedly.

“Going insane? Miss me that much?”

“Be real brother, it’s me she misses.” Fred appeared at George’s shoulder, Alison’s trunk trailing behind him.

Alison smiled, “You caught me Fred. Being away from you drives me into insanity. To the point of talking to my cat.” At that May-Bell gave an annoyed meow. Fred pushed past his brother and dropped Alison’s trunk onto the floor in the middle of the room. He took two long strides and lifted her off the bed a smirk plastered across his face.

“Move one more inch and I’ll curse you into the next century.” George said in a deadly voice. Laughing Fred set Alison back on her feet and patted his brother on the head, “Don’t worry Georgie. I have my own woman.” And with that he left the room, skipping out onto the landing and down the stairs.

Alison shook her head at him and looked up to George. “Are you staying long?” she asked him, a note of hopefulness in her voice.

“Just for dinner, love.” He answered softly. Alison tried not to frown, but wasn’t too successful at it. George laughed softly wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her forehead softly.

“I don’t like the arrangement. Not with everything going on.” Alison whispered into his chest.

“You sound like mum.”

“She has a right to worry, as do I.” Alison pulled away to raise an eyebrow at him, “And don’t you dare tell me I don’t. You know He’s out there, capturing and torturing people!” she hit him on the chest, not hard, but not too lightly either. George caught her hand and pinned it to her side.

“Ali, listen to me. We can take care of ourselves. I don’t want you worrying all the time. Leave that for mum.” He cracked a small smile, but it faded quickly when he saw the look of hurt and terror on Alison’s face, “You need to worry about you. It’s you He wants. What’s He going to do with me?”

“Torture you.” Alison muttered.

George lifted her chin up so she was looking at him, “Worry about you. And don’t be such a prat to Ginny, I’m tired of hearing about it.”

At that Alison cracked a smile. “I guess I don’t want her mad at me forever, huh?”

“Probably not. She holds a grudge that one.” And they both laughed.

“I have to unpack everything.” Alison said trailing off. George smiled and pulled away, throwing himself onto her bed, “Have at it!”

Alison rolled her eyes at him and set to putting her things away. She really didn’t have much to show for fourteen, almost fifteen, years worth of life. It only took a little over an hour to put everything where she wanted it, with the occasional distraction from George.

Alison was just putting away her last few text books when a sweet voice called up the stairs, “Oh, Alisin!” Alison groaned out loud and George stifled a laugh as a slim figure with pin straight, white blonde hair appeared in her doorway.