Chapter 1

Thunder boomed and lightning flashed across the sky. It was 2 in the morning and I was having trouble sleeping tonight. I sat up and groaned in frustration. I've been trying to doze off for almost three hours but still my eyes were wide awake and I didn't feel groggy at all. I buried my face in my hands and tried to think of a solution.

Meanwhile outside, the sound of the wind whistling was getting louder and I could hear the rain pouring heavily. Lightning still flashed and thunder still rumbled.

After a few moments, I raised my hand and snapped my fingers when an excellent idea popped in my mind. Hastily, I got out of bed, slipped on my silk robe and bunny slippers and jogged downstairs. I went into the kitchen and searched for the ingredients for my midnight drink; the cure to my sleepless night. I whipped it up really quick and finally, I could smell the sweet aroma of hot cocoa in my nose. I poured the drink into a huge mug and brought it to the dining table.

I inhaled the sweet smell of freshly made hot cocoa drink. ' Aaaaaa....' I sighed with a smile and took a sip of the hot drink carefully so that I won't burn my tongue. Nothing in the world beats the taste of home made hot cocoa.

I was halfway in finishing my drink when I heard a loud thump from the front door. The mug hovered just a centrimeter away from my lips as I stopped to listen but there was nothing except for the sound of the ongoing storm outside.

I shrugged off the thought and continued to sip on my hot chocolate.

Thump! Thump! Thump!

I frowned in confusion and placed my mug on the table.

Thump! Thump! Thump!

I widened my eyes in surprise when I heard it again. I exited the kitchen and tiptoed towards the front door. My mind raced as I thought of a million possibilites. My parents wasn't supposed  to come back from France until next month unless... they wanted to make a surprise visit in the middle of the night. I shook my head. No it can't be. My parents would never interrupt my beauty sleep. Was it my friend Vic? I shook my head again. Why the hell would she come knocking on my door in the middle of the freakin night?!

Well the only assumption I have right now is.......

From the corner of my eye, I saw a walking stick from the basket full of umbrellas.  I grabbed the said object and studied the stick.  This thing will do, I guess.

Thump!  thump!  thump!!

The banging was getting louder and the beat of my heart increased.

I continued to tip toe towards the front door with my shaking legs and stopped once I was a few centimetres away from the mahogany door. I gulped nervously and tightened my grip on the stick. I raised it to my eye level and made a fighting stance and slowly, I turned the door knob and pulled the door open whilst making endless prayer to the Almighty to calm the erratic beating of scared little heart.

The door creaked open and revealed a dark silhoutte of a man standing at my door step. For a moment I was frozen in place.

A tall figure loomed over me with his clothes dripping wet from the heavy rain.  His eyes glowed crimson in the dark and I could see a glimpse of his platimum blonde hair under the dim light. Before I could swing the walking stick at him, he fell forward face first to the floor.

I screamed in horror and hid behind a sofa in the living room.

' Oh my god... ' I muttered shakily as I cowered behind the sofa for safety. I waited for the man to come at me and kill me or something but after a few minutes there was only the sound of the storm raging outside. I half stood up and peeked from behind the sofa.

The man was limp on the ground and he wasn't even moving an inch. I stared ghastly at the figure. Is he freakin dead?! I shrieked in horror in my mind. Goddammit. Why does it have to be in my living room?!

I strode towards the body carefully and poked the figure with the walking stick that I had moments ago. The man startled me when he winced from the touch. Bravely, I went to the light switch and turned on the lights.

I gasped in horror when I saw the condition of his body.

The mysterious man who was actually still a young boy based on his youthful features, was seriously injured. His shirt and faded jeans were in tatters and from between the cloth of his shirt, there was a seriously long claw mark that spread from below of his neck to the end of his broad back. His arms were filled with bruises and blood still oozed from his head.

Without thinking twice, I hoisted the boy up with a grunt and brought him to the nearest guest room. I laid him on the bed and removed his shirt and jeans ( thank god his boxers were still intact and my cheeks flushed when I saw his lean muscles) . I dabbed a wet cloth on his body and cleaned the blood stains and wounds. Then, I dabbed some medicine on his wounds.

Time went by so fast because I didn't notice that the sun was already halfway up by the time I finished treating his wounds. I groaned and rubbed my eyes. Why do I have to be sleepy now!? I scolded my eyes in my mind.  I sighed and facepalmed.

Guess it's time for school...

___________◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ ____________

so everyone this is my first fan fic so please be nice to me * bows

I hope you guys like my fic so please comment if you have any comments on the fic.

Your comments will always help me to write better chapters

Adieu ~~~