Chapter 49:

-Jenna, don't. You don't know how much trouble-, started Sadie.

-Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me., nodded Jenna with a chuckle.

-What secret?, asked Grace when she appeared behind them with clothes in her hands.

Sadie froze and looked at Grace who just seemed confused and happy to be there.

-Well I can't tell you or it wouldn't be a secret., replied Jenna with an innocent smile.

-I guess that is true, yes. Alright, take these clothes and use the bathroom if you'd like. Sadie, Millie, I want to talk to you in the living room. Sammy, show Jenna to the bathroom and then go back to sleep., said Grace as she handed the clothes the smaller brunette.

-Thank you, Ma'am., nodded Jenna as she followed the little boy to stairs, guiding her to the bathroom and then running into his own room, closing the door.

Jenna chuckled a little at the boy's actions, finding it endearing. She sighed a little and looked around, happy to be finally be in a safe place. Yet she still locked the door to ensure her privacy. 

Meanwhile downstairs, Sadie turned to Grace and frowned a little.

-Am I in trouble?, wondered the redhead, slightly nervous.

-We need to talk. Let's go sit down., replied Grace as she made her way to the living room, sitting down on the couch.

Sadie looked at Millie nervously but nodded, following the woman and sitting down on the couch as well, along with Millie.

-What is it, mom?, asked Millie with a frown.

-I...I wanted to act like I wasn't aware of it but I really can't anymore. It is very evident how you two feel about each other based on the way you act. I thought that with time you would get used to each other and become like sister but that is clearly not going to happen. I have to be very clear that whatever you think you are, you can not be under this roof. Sadie, you are here as our foster child. You and Millie cannot be in a relationship. Millie, I warned you about this. You told me that you knew and that it would never happen. This is my first and only warning, girls., spoke the foster mother as she watched the two tense up on the couch.

-We're not- We're not in a relationship, Grace. I will not deny the way I feel about Millie. But I also know what's at stake. I would not risk getting thrown back into juvie because of this. We talked it out and we agreed that we shouldn't act on how we feel as long as we live under the same roof. I know that you will have a harder time to believe me since you know that we've been somewhat hiding this from you, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to win back your trust. I can- I can sleep in the living room from now on. Or- Or I can ask Olivia to stay at her place. I will not cross any boundaries that you are rightfully setting, Grace., replied Sadie, trying to reassure Grace while also panicking.

-I'm not kicking you out, Sadie. And no. I want to trust you so I won't ask you to leave Millie's room. Your room. But if I ever find out that you two acted on it, I will have no choice but to call your lawyer. Okay? So keep your hands to yourselves. And lips too, obviously., said the woman as she sighed.

-We will from now on., nodded Millie as she looked at her mother.

-From now on? Does that mean that you two already-, started Grace.

-We kissed., admitted Sadie.

-Sadie, what the fuck? Do you want to be sent back?, argued Millie with a frown.

-No. I don't. That is why I want to be honest with your mom. I don't want to keep secrets anymore. So for her to trust me again, I want her to sure that I'm not holding anything back anymore., continued the redhead as she looked at Millie.