Chapter 31:

-Lilia?,said Grace, but the girl did not move nor did she look up at her.

Lilia didn't move, not knowing what to expect, scared that Grace will just throw her out or let her anger out on her.

-I understand why you did what you did. I can't say that I'll forgive you because my daughter got hurt because of you. But I also know that you loved Millie. I'm going to drive you home. I'm going to talk to my husband afterwards and we'll figure something out to make those girls stop all of it. Let's get going, okay?, said the woman as she got up, taking her keys.

Lilia didn't know if it was an act. She hesitated but eventually got up, saying goodbye to Sadie and Millie, leaving the house with Grace.

Millie's father sighed and looked at the two girls.

-I'll order pizza for you girls. You can eat upstairs, okay?, said the man.

-Okay. Thank you, dad., smiled Millie lightly.

-Thanks, Mr. Brown., nodded Sadie, getting up and walking upstairs with Millie. 

Millie closed the door behind herself.

-So, you think school is more important than any friendships or relationships?, asked Millie, sitting down on her bed.

-Oh come on, Mills. You don't want to do this., sighed the redhead.

-Oh, but I do., scoffed the younger girl.

-It was just a kiss. We're not dating or anything. Sure, we have visible attraction towards each other, but I can't allow myself to act on it. Not anymore. Today proved it. If I step out of line, I could easily get send back to juvie. I can't risk that. Kissing my foster sister is certainly not a good impression. If your mom or dad were to find out and they'd send me out of this house, the jury will ask why and then it's game over for me. So yes, Millie. School is more important to me at the moment than any friendship or relationship., explained Sadie calmly.

-I hate this. I hate that I can't blame you. I want to hate you but I can't because I know that you're right. But then we shouldn't have kissed in the first place. Don't you think?, sighed the brunette, looking at her foster sister.

-Yes, I agree. But it happened and we can't undo it. What we can do, is simply move on and let it go. We can be friends but that's it., said the older girl, shrugging.

-What if I don't want that?, asked Millie.

-If it's too hard for you to just be friends, I can talk to Grace and ask her to send me to another foster home. I'll just make a reason up., replied Sadie, now looking back at Millie.

-I don't like that you're this correct about things., sighed Millie once again.

-I don't want to make things difficult for you or make you uncomfortable by sharing a room and a house with you. After everything you just went through, you don't need another burden or something on your plate. You deserve some peace and quiet. I just want to help., admitted the redhead.

-Stop. Stop being nice about this. God, Sadie. You being this understanding and nice is making it worse., groaned Millie out of frustration.

-Why? How?, frowned Sadie.

-If I need to move, than I need a reason to. A red flag, as our generation calls it., said the younger girl.

-Oh. Easy, I manipulated Lilia into kissing me. The way I behaved with the girls this afternoon. Oh and let's not forget that I fucking killed my best friend., scoffed Sadie, her anger slightly showing.

-You didn't mean to though., replied Millie.

-If I had stopped the car, then it wouldn't have happened. But I was stubborn. I was stupid. I killed my best friend. You think I'm this nice and perfect person, but god, Millie, I am seriously so fucked up. You can't even begin to imagine. So how about I make this easy? Stay away from me if you want to live and stay out of trouble. I only bring trouble and death, apparently., said the redhead.

Then there was a knock on the door. The father walked in with two pizzas.

-There you go. Enjoy. Don't go to bed too late. Okay?, said the father, getting nods from the two and then leaving.

Sadie laid down on her bed, not hungry. She ignored her, deciding to simply go to sleep. She didn't like being harsh towards Millie, but she didn't like how Millie was basically idolizing her, as if she were this picture perfect person. She knew her defaults so why would she not let Millie know? It would make it easier for the both of them. 

Millie on the other hand, grabbed her laptop and simply watched some youtube while she ate her pizza. She didn't like the silence between the two of them but she couldn't blame herself for falling for Sadie. She had never spend so much time with a girl who out and confident about her sexuality. She liked that about Sadie, among other things. She wasn't sure if she could simply move on, like Sadie asked her to. For now, she needed to go to sleep cause they were in fact going to the museum the next day and therefore had to wake up earlier than usual. Both of them finally fell asleep, leaving the tension in the room deal with itself as they both entered their dreams.

------8 hours later----

Sadie was already awake and getting changed. She didn't have a nightmare for once. Maybe because she only slept for 4 hours. Millie got up when her alarm rang, going to her bathroom and getting changed as well.

They met up in the living room, Grace having to drive them to school, since no bus drove to their school at 5am. 

-Do you have your stuff? Backpacks?, asked Grace.

The girls nodded and got into a car, pretending to be sleepy to not have to talk.

Grace started the car and drove off. That's when it hit Sadie. The object that she had put in her backpack the day before. The fucking airsoft gun.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N: hello! felt like writing and finally had some inspiration hehe. ALRIGHT

OH AND ANNOUNCEMENT I GUESS: i will be writing a new Warrior Nun fanfic, more details to come this week!

For love is the best of healers // +Sillie+जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें