57. Do you........like Dhiraj?

"Do you........like Dhiraj?"

Rajat spat out the wine. An unsightly gesture he had never been compelled to do.

"What?! No?! I don't." Flabbergasted was an understatement for what Rajat was experiencing. Never in his life had he been presented with that question.

"Your reaction is saying otherwise though." Chandra replied with a hint of a smile. A certain someone was rather enjoying that reaction.

Rajat sat up. For some reason he felt the need to clear some things. "Look, he's my boss. I cannot have feelings for him."

"Hmmm?! 'Cannot'. That's an interesting choice of words. It almost makes me think as if there's something holding you back." But Chandra wasn't ready to budge down.

"You are talking bullshit." Rajat replied, as he recomposed himself while wiping off the stains of wine on his face and clothes.

"Bullshit?! Okay, So tell me Rajat, did you ever get jealous of the people Dhiraj dated?!"

"No." Why would I get jealous of them?

"Only wanted the two of you to be together?"

"No."

"Spend more time Dhiraj?"

"No!"

"Had the urge to......touch him?!"

"No!"

"Wanted him to look only at you?!"

"No!"

"Wanted him to be proud of you?!"

"That....is...." Rajat suddenly couldn't answer that.

"Wanted to be the reason he smiled everyday?"

Rajat remained speechless. As if someone had pinpointed something he didn't even realize existed before.

"Wanted to do everything for him?"

"Wanted to share any pain he was going through?"

"Wanted to know what it would feel like when his arms were wrapped around you? Would it feel good?!"

Chandra kept looking at Rajat, waiting for him to answer. But the man was speechless.

Maybe that's the answer.

"Are you sure you aren't running away from something?!" Chandra rested his chin on his palm, wearing a triumphant smile. He shook that always confident, always riding on his high horse man.

Finally Rajat's train of thought broke. "R-Running away? I don't even understand wh-what you are talking about!"

"You don't?" Chandra raised his eyebrows, wondering if Rajat was in denial or a late bloomer.

"I don't!" Rajat on the other hand diverted his attention to drinking wine. Pretending that their little question-answer session hadn't just happened. He chugged down a glass full of liquor.

He sneaked a glance at Chandra. The man DID NOT look convinced. And again, Rajat could just feel the urge to make it seem that things are NOT the way that Chandra is implying to.

"If-if I............had something for him.....I wouldn't find him annoying as hell." Rajat instead redirected the conversation, trying his best to make sure Chandra knew what he was thinking was NOT the case.

"You find him annoying?!"

"Yes! H-He thinks he's a smart ass. Like he's better than most people. I mean in a sense he is but sometimes I really wish he would stop honking trumpets of his own praises." He chugs down another glass.