8. 1. Our 1st Date...I mean "Hangout"

The contract was signed and now Dhiraj was in his detective mood. Detective? More like Stalker in Nakul's language.

He was back at Nakul's school. But this time he wasn't there so he could catch glimpses of his baby. He was there on a mission. A mission to find: What are Nakul's likes!!?!

Although he had some pretty extravagant ideas in his mind for their first date with Nakul, for example, having a candlelight dinner on the top floor of bhuj-khalifa in Dubai, he knew Nakul would HATE him for doing that. He knew for sure that Nakul wasn't someone who would be impressed by his wealth. He had to try some different things. And so he needed some information.

And hence the mission!! He decided to snoop around with Nakul's colleagues to find more info about him. So now since Nakul wasn't present in the staff room, it was finally the time to ask some questions about his beloved baby.

Dhiraj entered that staff room, and everyone turned to look at him.

~silence

Dhiraj broke into an awkward smile to ease the tension of why a trustee is entering the staff room," Heyyyyy" He waved his palm while stretching the last syllable of the word.

The staff were too taken aback by the sudden entry of a handsome and influential man. In the past few days the other staff members did notice a rather handsome man being quite chummy with their colleague Nakul. Some of them did recognise Dhiraj while others got to know about him. They also tried asking Nakul about how they know each other. But the only answer they received was : "we are friends."

"Ahh.....Nakul is not here." A teacher simply stated as Dhiraj usually interacted only with Nakul.

"Yeah. I know. But today I'm not here to meet him. I actually came to meet you guys." Dhiraj stated his agenda.

A collective "oh" was heard from the 5 teachers present.

"Yeah. So let me introduce myself," Dhiraj began "I am Dhiraj Raghuvanshi. I am working as the Deputy general manager at Enigma, the IT giant. I like to consider myself as Nakul's......friend."

All the teachers nodded looking at him.

"So why...are you...here...?" A teacher in her early 40s asked.

"Oh, yeah, actually......I need your help." Dhiraj looked at them with sincere eyes, giving them a notion as if he's a good student who needed their help.

"Yeah sure. How can we help you?"

Taking a moment to find the right words, Dhiraj finally began,

"So, I want to be friends with Nakul. We aren't exactly friends right now." embarrassed, a smile broke on his lips and he ran his hands through his hair while shyly looking away. "But I want to."

All the 5 teachers present in the staff room just kept blankly staring at him.

"I'm grateful to him honestly. In the past he has helped. Help me realize somethings that......I never thought I'll understand-"

He felt a slight squeeze in his stomach and for some unknown reason his heart was beating furiously.

[A/N: Dhiraj........Nervous?]

He continued, "And I'm so grateful to him for just.....existing. And I really want to show him my appreciation."

Dhiraj's eyes now looked a bit solemn. Seriousness took over him as he said, "You all must be aware that Nakul exactly isn't the type of person to open up to people. I tried to get closer to him but wasn't able to. But I so very much want to get close to him. Be his friend. And show my appreciation for him. All I want is a chance to show him that......"